OEM Business Product Manager - Semiconductors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
EMD Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMD Performance Materials: EMD Performance Materials has combined the following topics in the new Performance Materials range: Display Materials, Lighting Materials, Solar & Energy, Cosmetics, Food & Pharmaceuticals, Coatings, and Printing & Plastics. Liquid crystals are among the leading products on the market for LCD televisions and other displays, as well as fillers and effect pigments. The entire Performance Materials product portfolio offers highly innovative materials for advanced technologies and high-tech chemicals for advanced applications to a wide range of customers. EMD Performance Materials is extending its leading position in innovation. Customers from the sectors consumer electronics, lighting, printing technology, plastics applications and cosmetics make use of materials and solutions from EMD Performance Materials. Thanks to comprehensive investments in research & development, EMD Performance Materials is constantly extending its leading position as an innovator and reliable partner. A focus on renewable energies particularly in light of climate change, high energy prices and current events related to nuclear energy, EMD Performance Materials is focusing on renewable energies. EMD Performance Materials is active in the growing markets for clean energies.
The incumbent will provide business development support for our OEM (Original Equipment Makers) customers. They will be the primary strategic contact for this customer base. The position is responsible to develop account strategies and supporting tactical implementation of the marketing plan and execution of product initiatives. Drive sales revenue through marketing and sales promotions.
* Manages overall OEM customer interface
* Contact OEM Customers regarding new product directions and product performance
* Prepares short, intermediate, and long-term customer strategic plans and objectives and report monthly on the progress towards meeting approved objectives, justifies variances and indicates corrective actions taken.
* Works with the marketing team to implement marketing tools, programs, and services that fulfill brand strategies and achieve operating plan
* Works with marketing team to ensure that product prices are market oriented, competitive and profitable
* Develop promotional plans by analyzing market data, chemical literature, product requests, and customer service information.
* Support team efforts as assigned in order to meet department, business unit, and company objectives. Especially when OEM is critical for company's program success.
* Completes global market research on customer, competitors, and deposition materials segment
* Contributes to the effectiveness of own work team through the quality and timeliness of the work produced.
* Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments to achieve specific marketing goals as well as to achieve overall company goals
* Provide input to organizations on product life cycle new product ideas, deletion of existing products.
* Leads team to map key contacts, decision makers, procedures, policies, structure, and new product opportunities within the Accounts/Territory.
* Education: B.S. in a chemistry, material science, or engineering discipline is required, advanced degree such as MBA or demonstrated course work towards an advance degree a significant plus.
* 5+ years experience in the silicon semiconductor industry as either a supplier to or maker of semiconductor chips
* 5+ years experience in marketing, tactical marketing, sales or some combination thereof.
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence colleagues and peers to achieve goals
* Demonstrated and evaluated pubic speaking ability with a focus on sales training and/or marketing presentations (face to face and webX)
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English essential, other languages would be a distinct advantage
* Ability to work with multi-national sales, marketing, R&D and operational professionals
* Computer literate, able to learn and/or use MS Word, Excel, and SIAL business systems
Knowledge and Skills:
* High level of competence and success with field based sales activity including on-site seminars, tradeshow activities, face-to-face customer interactions when assigned.
* Extensive understanding of the semiconductor manufacturing and customer base.
* Provide guidance to the tactical product development team.
* Good understanding of the selling process and customer dynamics, direct sales and marketing experience highly desirable.
* Experience in generating and execution of promotional plans.
* Proven ability to communicate with customers, both internally and externally, at many different levels of an organization.
* Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to mentor and train employees.
* Ability to meet revenue budgets and grow market share in line with the strategic requirements.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including marketing campaign material development.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in a competitive environment.
* Demonstrated successful in field based activities requiring travel such as trade shows, seminars and working with sales representatives..
* Work with team members to create individualized development plans.
* Ability to gather and analyze data, and work with complex systems such as BI and SAP to extract reports and information.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
* Position located in Haverhill MA
* Environmental conditions: Normal office conditions, able to travel worldwide (30% of time)
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.