OEM Project Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHORLABS is a broad based photonics technologies company offering an extensive array of products ranging from optical and mechanical components to integrated test and measurement systems. Thorlabs' catalog products are produced in manufacturing centers in the USA, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom and Japan. Our company has a long-standing customer base with significant growth potential and an excellent reputation for quality, customer service and dependability. It is our mission to supply the photonics market with the tools to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
THORLABS designs and manufactures over 15,000 scientific products and instruments for the optics and laser research industry. As we continue to grow, we are seeking talented individuals to join our team that have a strong desire to succeed. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. THORLABS Headquarters are located in Sussex County, New Jersey, USA, THORLABS also has facilities in Maryland, Virginia, Texas and Michigan, and is established in 8 other countries. THORLABS is a privately held company established in 1989 which now employs over 1400 people.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position is responsible for providing sales and technical support to the Thorlabs OEM sales team as well as providing support for Thorlabs Key and OEM accounts. The OEM Project engineer will serve as a direct consultant to Thorlabs OEM customers and will work to qualify initial customer requests and see to that the customers technical and project needs are met to the customers' expectations. The OEM Project Engineer will work with the appropriate internal teams to ensure rapid feedback and technical information to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Provide sales and technical support to Thorlabs OEM Sales Team as well as directly to OEM customers. Key function of managing OEM pricing and working with global sales coordinators with quote requests.
* Demonstrate expert knowledge and problem solving abilities in providing technical support to customers who purchase from our extensive product portfolio.
* Support sales staff for pricing submission to customers and maintain OEM pricing spreadsheet and guidelines with OEM Sales Manager
* Leverage industry expertise and strong customer relationships to identify and qualify additional business opportunity as customer needs grow
* Understand and safe guard the business case with respect to cost and schedule
* Work with the sales coordinators and supply chain to ensure timely delivery of customer's goods and ensure that customers are aware of product obsolescence and end of life issues.
* Support Marketing and Sales activities by attending Tradeshows and Customer visits.
* Participate in managing the development of Thorlabs by being part of an interactive development forum.
* Travel to visit key customer/accounts as well as attend tradeshows as required by business unit
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
* Minimum 2years of experience in a similar role
* Bachelor's degree in Optics, Physics or a related engineering field or equivalent work experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as product manuals, spec sheets and test data.
* Strong communication proficiency and presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
* Strong problem solving/analysis skills
* Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and comply with high quality standards
* Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities
* Knowledge of Photonics and Laser Technology via work or laboratory experience.
Travel up to 25%
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
_Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law._