(OHVA) Ohio Virtual Academy School Psychologist 2016/17 SY 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(OHVA) Ohio Virtual Academy School Psychologist 2016/17 SY
School Psychologist INSPIRE THE FUTURE! The mission of Ohio Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The School Psychologist helps students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally by collaborating with educators, administrators, families, and other mental health professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments for all students and strengthen connections between home and school. The position provides psychological evaluation services including, but not limited to, assessments, reports, providing related educational recommendations, consultation, therapy, and any other applicable educational services for students of the school.
AS A SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST, YOU WILL...
* Ensure that student progress is evaluated on a regular, systematic basis and that findings are used in making decisions to improve program effectiveness as it relates to specific student needs
* Conduct extensive psychological examinations of referred students
* Address student achievement deficiencies by focusing resources and efforts to promote satisfactory classroom performance
* Provide consultative services to school personnel and parents
* Function as a liaison between the school and family in the student assessment and interpretation of test results
* Address the needs of at-risk students
* Assist in monitoring the instructional process to ensure that program activities are aligned with desired outcomes
* Analyze outcomes and evaluate instructional support programs to recommend appropriate changes in purposes, designs, materials and implementation
* Encourage the development and piloting of innovative programs
* Participate in case conferences when referred students are involved
* Interpret diagnoses to school personnel, other concerned professional, parents and students
* Make recommendations on ways to assist a student referred for examination
* Identify and recognize individuals and programs, which achieve excellence
* Implement policies/regulations established by federal and state law
* Assume responsibility for timely completing, maintaining and filing all reports, records and other documents
* Make independent objective decisions without procrastination based on adequate information
* Convey and instill high expectations for each student based on fundamental philosophy that all students can learn
* Participate in analyzing current state of effectiveness to identify potential areas of improvement
* Support the implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI) and 504 programs
Get to know OHVA!
* Ohio Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s Degree in Psychology AND
* Previous experience as a school psychologist OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Current Ohio state certification/licensure in school psychology
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong collaboration and problem-solving abilities
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel throughout the state of Ohio 50% of the time to administer assessments, and outside of the state for professional development
* Licensed in Ohio
* Special Education background, with adequate knowledge of SPED law
* Lives within 25 miles of the Ohio border
* Knowledge of reviewing ETR s and IEP s
* Familiarity with the Manifestation Determination process
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law..
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend