(OHVA) Ohio Virtual Academy Speech Language Pathologist 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(OHVA) Ohio Virtual Academy Speech Language Pathologist
Speech-Language Pathologist INSPIRE THE FUTURE! The mission of Ohio Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Speech-Language Pathologist assesses, diagnoses, treats and helps to prevent communication and swallowing disorder in children experiencing communication problems that affect classroom activities, social interaction, literacy and learning.
AS A SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, YOU WILL...
* Screen, evaluate, and provide speech-language therapy for students with identified speech-language impairments; Document student performance;
* Provide support to student support team (SST)/response to intervention (RTI) processes;
* Provide case management of speech-only caseload;
* Monitor compliance for speech-only case managers;
* Monitor compliance with regulations;
* Instruct students/families in the use of appropriate communication technologies (specifically alternative augmentative communication devices) for the purpose of minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication disorders and improving student success in the classroom;
* Maintain files and/or records, e.g. progress reports, activity logs, treatment plans, reports, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance;
* Participate in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
* This is a home-based position.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
* Integrity/Ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support company values, and convey good news and bad.
* Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
Get to know OHVA!
* Ohio Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master's degree in speech language pathology AND
* Three (3) years of speech/language work experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ohio Speech-Language Pathology license and/or teaching certificate
* Highly knowledgeable about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements
* Thorough knowledge and skill in conducting/interpreting comprehensive speech-language evaluations
* Thorough knowledge and skill in providing speech-language therapy services
* Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and deliver speech-language services to children
* Ability to create and deliver staff development
* Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Computer Software: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 20of time for meetings, professional development, etc.
* Ability to pass background check requirements
* Knowledge/experience with virtual classrooms
* Working with Fingers: Ability to type, sort through pages/papers, or otherwise work with fingers (including thumb) and palm frequently each day.
* Repetitive Motion: Ability to move wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as in typing frequently each day.
* Sitting: Ability to sit much of the day.
* Visual: Ability to see and read PC screens, and normal type size print.
* Hearing: Ability to answer/route telephone calls, and understand what clients and co-workers are saying in normal conversation.
* Comprehension: Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
* Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules for self and others on short- and long-term basis.
* Reasoning/Decision-Making: Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department s credibility, operations, and services.
* Communication: Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters and/or conduct routine oral communication. Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information. Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone and computer; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the phone. Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, expediently and at sufficient volume. Ability to make presentations/speak before groups. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact, etc.
* Mathematics: Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend