OMA Production Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNA MSC Job Description Open Manufacturing Planner Position
Position Summary: Partner with contract manufacturers to develop the short term schedule from the monthly production plan to optimize customer service, plan execution, inventory, and agility targets
o Manage catalog of open stock SKUs and multiple contract manufacturing partnerships
o Develop strong relationships with Contract Manufacturer(s)
o Formalize working processes
o Key indicators
o Monitoring of supply performance
o Participate in the production plan validation
o Analyze and send monthly production plan to Contract Manufacturer(s) including PO s
o Track and resolve bottlenecks to ensure the monthly production plan is executed on time and that achievement and adherence targets are achieved
o Anticipate and inform on any supply issues and build action plans to mitigate and work on medium term capacity planning strategy with Contract Manufacturer(s)
o Conduct Root Cause Analysis for any plan misses and implement action plan to mitigate for future
o Develop logistics requirements (specifications) with suppliers
o Initiate and drive lead-time improvement and agility projects
o For co-manufacturing operations, manage material inventory levels to ensure budget targets are met
o Analyze and report monthly on excess and obsolete
o For some accounts, will be accountable for conducting/reconciling regular physical inventories to maintain accurate system information
o Communicate and influence with all levels from operators to Supply Chain Director / Plant Manager
o Manage the production rework process as applicable for catalog
o Clear communication and transparency with all risks to the production plan
o Maintain the master data accuracy and ensure alignment with Contract Manufacturer(s)
o Lead and implement process Improvement projects as required
o Manage Excess and Obsolete inventory from prevention to monthly cleanup
o Address open invoices and in-transit production per KPI targets
o Partner with Launch Managers on production plan execution
o Responsible for all aspects of supply chain related to catalog including service, plan execution, inventory, and agility metrics
Technical Requirements & Personal Competencies:
* SAP experience preferred
* Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
* Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills.
* Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
* Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
* Ability to interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
* Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
* Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
* Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant.
* Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
* Must selflessly develop others.
* Must thrive within a changing organization.
* Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L Oreal USA customers.
* Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
* Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
* Must manage the plant s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
* Must demonstrate 100% responsibility and accountability.
* Resolve conflicts directly.
* Must listen for understanding and have a positive attitude.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
* 3+ years of experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
* APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.