This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
BSN preferred, Minimum of ADN with 2+ years of experience
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Oncology Nurse
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Administers medications safely
* Collects and analyzes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation to determine the diagnosis or issues.
* Performs primary and secondary patient assessments and documents in the medical record accurately and timely.
* Documents changes and omissions of the identified plan.
* Communicates systematic report to other care providers.
* Coordinates care delivery; utilizes resources to promote the continuum of care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skill in all aspects of IV therapy, i.e., hydration, chemotherapy/biotherapy and blood products.
* Employs strategies to promote health in a safe environment.
* Evaluates and documents progress toward the attainment of outcomes.
* Identifies expected interventions and outcomes for an individualized plan of care and communicates effectively with patient, family and other team members.
* Implements the plan of care in a safe, timely and appropriate manner.
* Manages patient care based on knowledge of cancer, cancer treatment, and side effects of such treatment.
* Uses quality and evidence based practice to deliver and improve care.
* Works closely with more experienced clinicians for guidance and supervision.
* BSN preferred, minimum requirement is ADN with 2 years or more of experience and must complete BSN within 5 years of hire
* Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas and Registered Nurse in State of Missouri required for CCP
* BLS Certification required
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
* ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy-required within 1 year of employment
* 2 years med surg/acute care required
* 2 years oncology experience preferred
* Less than 2 years RN experience accepted for an Oncology Nurse position in the Cancer Center Treatment area
* IV Therapy skills required
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.