OOP - Emerging Markets 8/16/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
We are looking for a strong candidate to augment our Emerging Markets application support team. This role involves working closely with our Emerging Markets Front Office trading team, as well as the associated business support units that underpin our business. Our ideal candidate would be willing to adapt quickly to a complex financial and regulatory environment to understand business needs, priorities and wishes. They would be capable of understanding application architectures and program flows - while development skills are not essential, they will greatly assist the understanding of our platform and how we support our business. Finally, they would also be willing to work in a high pressure environment where results are critical, and prioritization of major issues is a must.
* Work closely with our Emerging Market's front office trading desk to diagnose, understand and resolve pressing issues;
* Be willing to take ownership of issues in a high pressure environment, and ensure that all stakeholder expectations are met;
* Be comfortable working with incomplete or inaccurate information, and have the ability to read into unclear problems to find lasting solutions.;
* Work extensively with teams across the business, as well as external brokers and other organizations;
* Communicate effectively with a mixture of technical and non-technical user, both in person, on the phone and in written communication;
* Write clear, concise documentation around issues, ensuring that when items are raised to the development team, they are articulate; clearly demonstrate the root of the issue, and where possible include additional analysis to help resolve problems;
* Must be available throughout trading hours (7.30am to 4pm), 5 days a week;
* Help us move forward as an organization through the introduction of new ideas, help release new products, and help drive our business through a relentless focus on innovation.
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
* Experience working in a high pressure work environment.
* Some financialexperience would be desirable, but not necessary. A desire to understand the industry is crucial.
* Some knowledge of Python desirable
* Exceptional communication skills - particularly verbal and written.
* Ability to track multiple issues, and prioritise based on business needs.
* Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels.