OPERATING ROOM ASSISTANT I / 40 HOURS / EVENINGS - BWH OR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: OPERATING ROOM ASSISTANT I
At Brigham and Women's Hospital we are dedicated to delivering life-giving breakthroughs.
We are inspired by our patients' courage, our caregivers' compassion, and our scientists' curiosity.
Our mission is built on the promise to care and the drive to cure, the humanity to heal and the tenacity to never give up. Because life is at stake.
We are a scientific, clinical and academic power house with a long history of firsts architects of innovation for life.
Together, we are finding new ways to predict, prevent, and treat the most challenging diseases, while delivering world-class care with a profoundly human touch. With so many breakthroughs within reach, we know that the time to confront the world's toughest medical challenges is now. Together, we can transform the future of medicine with Life.Giving.Breakthroughs. Join us.
THE OPERATING ROOM ASSISTANT I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* The ORA is responsible for transporting patients, cleaning O.R.s, maintaining a clean environment, moving equipment, delivery of specimens, second scrubbing PRN, and other duties as assigned.
* Working collaboratively to provide excellent care to patients and families in the safest environment.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Able to read, understand and write English
* Successful completion of Hospital Orientation
* Successful completion of Departmental Orientation and Training
* Must be able to lift 40lbs. Independently
* Must be able to push stretcher independently with patient weighing up to 250 lbs
* Must be able to comprehend written directions for mixing cleaning supplies and ordering supplies
* Must be aware of proper body mechanics when assisting in patient transfer and lifting of heavy objects
* Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with other health care members
* Must constantly be alert and attentive to progress of O.R. schedule to meet tight deadlines of following cases
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF