This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The MGH/MGPO Referral Management Office (RMO) is a program designed to support strategic operations of the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Massachusetts General Physician Organization to improve service to patients and referring providers seeking care at our organization. The Operations Analyst will work collaboratively with RMO leadership and clients to provide actionable and accurate data and information to assist with staff performance management, process improvement, target setting and progress measurement.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position will involve business analysis, report development, and education related to all referral management measures and workflows. The Operations Analyst will be a key member of the team and will be expected to take an active role in helping leadership develop metrics and reports that support short and long term goals of the MGH and MGPO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform data management responsibilities to support departmental programs and projects. Identification of data sources, collection and interpretation of data and preparation of reports are key duties.
- Collects data from various sources, collates and enters/merges data into departmental databases. Prepares standard and ad hoc reports for RMO team members for use in monitoring and responding to activity. Ensures reports provided meet the informational targets of the staff.
- Collaborates with other departments, including Ambulatory Management and Performance, to obtain and ensure the quality and applicability of call data, referral management measures, access to appointments, service measures, and others. This includes responding to and clarifying requests on a timely basis, providing suggestions to enhance the effectiveness of data reporting and ensuring reports provided meet the needs of the user.
- Performs analysis of referral management, scheduling, telecommunications, financial and related data and information and develops recommendations for areas of focus, additional analysis and new metrics.
- Utilizes various computer systems to obtain and maintain data.
- Provides subject matter expertise to end users on existing operational/production reports, helping clients turn data into information and ensuring accurate interpretation. This involves leading discussions, documenting feedback and next steps and communicating between RMO department team members and clients as needed.
Participates in departmental process improvement projects by identifying metrics and data tracking opportunities, providing reports and working cooperatively with staff to manage data and reporting needs.
- Works with department and client leadership to establish baseline and target metrics for key processes under investigation.
- Independently anticipates needs of all stakeholder groups and identifies and brings forward new ways to solve problems.
- In collaboration with other team members and leadership, supports adoption and implementation of new methods and technologies, ensures accurate measurement of performance and progress to targets.
Supports departmental data and analytical needs by participating in the development of tools, processes and programs.
- Assists the RMO leadership team regarding current as well as new programs, tools and other resources needed to support clients by providing input, data, testing, analysis and feedback.
- Assists management in developing best practice sharing and process flow standards and documentation.
- Participate in and/or may lead cross-functional teams to address data, metrics and reporting issues related to patient appointment, registration and referral management.
- Maintains the timeliness and thoroughness of work completed for departmental projects.
Participates in departmental communications and training efforts, utilizing advanced written and oral communication skills, prepares and presents meetings, reports and training sessions.
- Develops communications tools and presentations to inform department leaders and others of current data and reporting initiatives. Works with management to engage the necessary support in these efforts and to review and approve content and materials for distribution.
- Facilitates in-house training with departmental staff on database access, data analysis and report utilization. May train other hospital staff as needed.
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Office setting near the MGH main campus in Boston with a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with a cubicle-type workspace.
- May be required to travel off-site to other Partners facilities to attend meetings and trainings.
- As projects and priorities dictate, non-standard work hours might be needed.
No direct reports. May be responsible for managing project work and making assignments to other team members
Prudent use of resources
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in business, healthcare management, public health or related field helpful.
- At least two years experience in operational or financial database administration, data management or report development in a healthcare setting. Three to five years preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to conduct data gathering to meet business requirements and ability to perform report design.
- Skill in querying various data extraction tools, such as IBM Cognos Query Studio or Workspace Advanced.
- Ability to use computer software including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Word required. Skill with MS Access (or other database tools), MS Visio and SharePoint helpful. Advanced MS Excel modeling skills helpful.
- Exposure to Epic Reporting Workbench or similar EHR reporting tool.
- Exposure to clinical outpatient access measures, financial modeling or other methodologies.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand the enterprise environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting data and reporting goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Independently motivated and a self-starter who is able to work cooperatively and as part of a team. Commitment to high quality customer service and teamwork, able to work in a tactical and strategic manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Must be able to pay attention to detail and work accurately.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in complex and dynamic environments.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected