This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
New Braunfels, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
The Dozer Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. The Dozer Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by policies, procedures, and operator manuals. He or she must perform any combination of the following duties in an aggregate quarry: Inspect and identify mechanical problems and safety hazards on the dozer, operate the dozer to strip vegetation and overburden, work safely on top of and underneath of high walls, use the ripper to break up stone deposits, and build and demolish roadways, berms, etc as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the safe operation of the dozer to perform the tasks outlined above and others as required
* Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals, and uses joysticks and levers
* Performs routine maintenance on dozer, such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
* Participates in making sure the quality and quantity of raw materials meets established standards
* Ensures assigned established performance indicators are met
* Works toward improvement of the assigned plant and surrounding area
* Follows established procedures to ensure that the plant for which he/she is working is in compliance with state, federal, and local regulations and requirements
* Participates in on-going minor maintenance and visual evaluations of plant and equipment
* Confers with the quarry manager, lead man, and other personnel to resolve problems, provide immediate feedback, and may recommend solutions to improve performance
* Promotes safety within his/her assigned territory
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Be able to read, write, and speak English
* Substantial experience operating a large dozer (D-8 or larger)
* High School diploma, preferred
* Be able to work any combination of first, second, or third shift as required
* Ensure Safety
* Focus on Customers
* Pursue Excellence
* Work as One CEMEX
* Act with Integrity
Physical Requirements and Environmental Demands:
* Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
* Exerting 50 100 pounds of force occasionally
* Exerting 25 50 pounds of force frequently
* Exerting 10 20 pounds of force continually
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
* Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
* Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
* Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
* Must wear protective equipment while on the job
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX es una institucin EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/accin afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religin, discapacidad fsica o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientacin sexual, infomacin gentica, identidad de gnero, o expresin de gnero en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.