OSP Engineering Network Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
Full-Time. Located in Mililani Technology Park.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The purpose of this position is to create and maintain a network of outside plant engineering information systems that effectively supports all related company activities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Manager, Engineering Information.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works collaboratively with the manager to create and maintain the outside plant engineering Geographical Information System and related information sub-systems.
* Assists in the selection, customization, installation, and implementation of the system.
* Assists with the coordination of content and connectivity issues with other departments such as IS, Networking, Communications, Transmissions, Field Operations, etc.
* Assists with interacting with vendors to keep up with emerging and changing technologies.
* Attends outside seminars to keep up to date with GIS standards.
* Assists with engineering department application software and hardware selection.
* Must be familiar with the work flow and record keeping procedures of the engineering department.
* Assists with coordination of training for new hardware, software and related changes in operational procedures.
* Assists with fulfillment of customer service, governmental, and franchise demands through effective allocation of resources.
* Utilizes a thorough knowledge of network resources.
* Responsive to the needs of customers, government, and franchise authorities.
* Assists with Outside Plant Planning
* Assists with OSP Design methods and standards
* Assists with OSP network deployment
* Assists with the design and deployment of the Institutional Network
* Assists with providing costing guidelines and structure
* Assists with OSP capacity management for fiber and coax.
* Assists with FCC Compliance Testing.
* Assists with reporting as well as testing of the network to ensure FCC Compliance.
* Recognizes, practices and enforces safety rules and procedures.
* Applies working knowledge of safety rules and procedures.
* Wears safety apparel which includes: hard hats (where required) and proper footwear.
* Responds to reports of all unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries, verbally and in writing to appropriate parties.
* Assists with instruction of technical personnel on safety rules and procedures using good verbal and written communication skills.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Assists both office and field personnel.
* Able to speak in a clear and concise manner when providing instruction to other technical personnel.
* On-call duties, during non-business hours, in the event of a system outage.
* Able to respond quickly to system outage.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
HUMAN RELATIONS: Has extensive contact with technical and office personnel, customers, outside contractors, utility companies, government agencies and general public.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor s degree in Engineering, IT, or related field highly preferred. Experience in CATV or other utility company operations particularly outside plant construction, contracting and inventory management is highly preferred. Must be proficient in AutoCad and have working knowledge of CadTel or similar type GIS system. Stable employment history.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGES AND ABILITIES: Must have a working knowledge of local and wide area networking and networked database systems including Dbase, MS Access and Oracle. Must be familiar with DOS, MS Windows/NT and UNIX operating systems. Must be proficient in AutoCad and have working knowledge of CadTel or similar type GIS system. Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Must have organizational skills. Must be or quickly become familiar with OSHA, FCC, and office procedures. Knowledge of first aid and CPR is desired. Must have valid Hawaii driver s license and good driving record.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Company vehicle (with valid driver s license), various sized tools, PC s, and mainframe interface.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, crawling, stooping, and standing. May drive for long periods of time.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm. Additional coverage as needed.
If you are experiencing any issues with applying for this position. Please do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 4095
Controlling Establishment ID: 00040 - Mililani Akamainui St
Job Code: TWCTEN350 Engineer 1, Network Exempt