OUTPATIENT REGISTRATION REP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Outpatient Registration Rep
* Maintains schedule on daily basis for patients arriving into the department for the day if applicable.
* Responsible for admitting scheduled and non-scheduled or emergent outpatients for the assigned department.
* At the appropriate time, obtains identification to assure accuracy of demographic and insurance information. Enters information in computer system with correct spelling of patient name and diagnosis, date of birth, social security number employer, guarantor and correct medical record number.
* At the appropriate time, Greets patients and/or relative interview and obtain and recheck pertinent information.
* Explains facility policies and ensures patient and/or relative understands and signs the consent and insurance forms at the appropriate time.
* Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations. Completes MSPQ as required for admission.
* Works closely with nursing staff, physicians, admitting staff and the finance department.
* At the appropriate time performs updates and changes in insurance or demographic information on an as needed basis.
* Possesses knowledge of administrative policies, departmental procedures, and third staff payor coverage.
* Attends and actively participates in any staff training or education which relates to their position and would contribute to their knowledge.
* If ED - retrieves information from patient bedside upon arrival of ambulance.
* Responsible for other duties or projects, which are assigned by Management. These may include special projects, telephone coverage, filing, copying and other duties as instructed.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Three years general clerical/customer service/ registration experience in a Health Care setting preferred
* Basic computer skills required
* Ability to communicate clearly, use good judgment and be sympathetic towards patients
* Ability to work under stress with frequent interruptions
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with patient records
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.