Occupational Health Nurse - Onsite
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Occupational Health Nurse - Onsite
Job Id: 43788
At Concentra, we maintain a healing focus, a selfless heart, and a tireless resolve.
As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, we are looking for an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse (RN) to promote health, prevent disease and help employees cope with industrial illnesses and injuries, as well as being an overall advocate and health educator for employees and families. Are you ready to make a real difference, helping to create the future of healthcare* We offer excellent benefits and a culture focused on well-being and ongoing success. Consider joining Concentra as an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse.
As an Onsite Occupational Health Nurse you will:
* Must be available M-F, Day and Evening hours (8.5 hour shifts)
* Must be Computer literate and have experience with electronic medical records
* Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing
* Observes, assesses and records patients symptoms, reactions and progress
* Provides nursing and first aid services to employees and people who are ill or injured on our clients premises in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve occupational health and safety services objectives
* Escorts patients to exam room, prepares patients for examination and treatment and assists the practitioner, as requested
* Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up
* Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory
* Maintains exam rooms, lab area and treatment rooms clean and stocked, maintaining inventory of supplies and re-orders as needed
* Assists in medical record maintenance - EMR
* Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations
* Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures
* Performs annual surveillance testing (spirometry, audiograms, vision tests, EKGs, labs) in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Performs other duties, as assigned
* Observe, assess and record patients symptoms, reactions and progress
* Develop and manage nursing care plans, instruct patients and their families in proper care and help individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain their health
* Provide nursing and first aid services to employees and people who are ill or injured on our clients premises in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve occupational health and safety services objectives
* Current RN license and CPR certification
* Previous occupational health experience is required; COHN is requested
* Minimum of one year of experience in occupational health nursing
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
* Clinic environment within a workplace setting
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran