Occupational Health Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for an Occupational Health Nurse to join our Portland team!
As an Occupational Health Nurse, you will be responsible for various activities including workplace safety, case management and health and wellness programs in a heavy manufacturing environment. This position will work closely with our physician and report directly into Human Resources with a dotted line reporting to Safety.
* Manage and treat work-related illnesses and injuries with an emphasis on early recognition and intervention
* Communicate with Human Resources, Safety and others involved with case management and workplace injuries
* Communicate with HR, departments and employee on leave of absences including FMLA, OFLA, STD, LTD and Worker's Compensation and assist in facilitation of an employee's return to work and/or light duty accommodation
* Make recommendations about work restrictions or their removal and follows-up and monitor employees return to work
* Provide case management for occupational injuries and illnesses to ensure employees receive appropriate care
* Consult and coordinate with our physician to assess, plan, implement or evaluate employees care plans
* Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records
* Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in employee's conditions
* Assess needs of employees, including assessment of employee's work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems
* Perform alcohol, urinalysis, fit and visual testing
* Perform vaccinations and phlebotomy for testing
* Audiogram testing
* Provide first-aid
* Develop care plan, provide care and treatment per nursing protocol and guidelines
* Coordinate care, testing or medical care, e.g., x-rays, Rx, physical therapy, etc.
* Instruct employees on health and wellness topics and develop health improvement programs
* Maintain first-aid kits, medical supplies; order new supplies and destroy out-of-date items as necessary
* Perform administrative or managerial functions, such as taking responsibility for budget, planning or long-term goals
* Must have a bachelor's degree, associate's degree, or nursing diploma and a current registered nurse (RN) license in the state of Oregon
* Minimum 2 years' experience as an RN
* Certified in first aid, CPR and AED
* HIPAA certified
* Excellent oral and written communication skills while handling time-sensitive and confidential issues
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
* Be able to work in a heavy manufacturing environment
* Experience in Occupational Nursing
* Prior experience in a heavy industrial environment
* Knowledge of OHSA rules and regulations in a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of Oregon Worker's Compensation laws
* Knowledge of Americans With Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave and Oregon Family Medical Leave