Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Healthcare System is recruiting for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner to work either full or part time at both our Christiana and Wilmington Hospital. This is a Monday- Friday position with no weekend or holiday commitment working 8 hour shifts.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the country s largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions, that is guided by evidence-based medicine to bring expert care to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit health system, Christiana Care s mission is one of service. Our belief is that the key to providing truly great healthcare is to partner with patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it. In addition, Christiana Care truly values the relationship between physicians, staff and the community, and relies on strong physician engagement at every level.
To develop and manage a health service system that ensures a safe and healthy work force. Functions in accordance with objectives and established protocols as a certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Employee Health Service Office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Participates with a health service function that appropriately pre-screens applicants for suitability and provides a comprehensive program of health service for employees, including counseling, education, and health care.
* Performs pre-employment physical examinations to determine applicant s suitability for employment.
* Performs annual physicals and physicals for employees returning to work after an extended illness.
* Orders routine laboratory tests, x-ray studies and other diagnostic services for employees returning to work after an extended illness.
* Examines employees who sustain non-emergency injuries while working and refers them for follow-up treatment.
* Assists with monitoring of workers compensation cases to ensure that employees are promptly treated and returned to work at the earliest possible time.
* Examines and treats all employees within established guidelines and scope of practice.
* Maintains health service policies to address services provided in health service, worker s compensation and employee counseling.
* Maintains health service records relating to number of employees seen, types of visits, drugs dispensed and treatment of infectious diseases.
* Works closely with Infectious and Safety Committee to ensure programs are in place to minimize the spread of infectious diseases and the existence of unsafe working conditions.
* Assists with development of a wellness component of Employee Health including an employee education program.
* Refers employees requiring assistance with drug, alcohol or personal problems to MCD s Employee Assistance Program.
* Assists department heads and supervisors in the development of attendance control, safety programs and other educational programs.
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adult patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide the care needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree in Nursing
* Graduate from an accredited APRN program and board certified in specialty.
* Licensed or eligible for license in the state of DE.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
JOB REQUISITION #: 39319BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Physician, Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.