Occupational Health Registered Nurse - Employee Health Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The responsibilities of this position include organization, planning, development and implementation of the Occupational Health programs. Occupational Health encompasses new employee physicals, physicals for allied health and other non-employee groups performing duties at the hospital, on-going employee health management and education, and cause for suspicion testing. Also included is the initial management and monitoring of occupational injuries and illnesses. Collaborates with Infection Control in the investigation, reporting and follow-through related to employee exposures to infectious or communicable diseases. Regularly works with physicians in employee health assessment.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 25%
* Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
SERVICE - 25%
* Performs pre-employment drug screens and health assessments on all new employees, allied health professionals not covered under medical staff credentialing, and other contract, agency, volunteers and students per policy.
* Demonstrates Service PRIDE standards ( smiles and make eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
* Provides nursing services per protocols for on-going employee and patient health management to include the annual TB evaluation program for employees, allied health staff, volunteers and contract personnel; the Hepatitis B vaccination program; the influenza vaccination program; the drawing of titers and provision of needed vaccines; and the review of health records for compliance. Provides first aide treatment as needed and appropriate. Refers employees to physicians as appropriate.
* Conducts initial management, review and monitoring of all occupational injuries and illnesses.
* Develops and revises policies and procedures to meet current practice standards.
* Collaborates with Infection Control, physicians and others in the investigation, reporting and follow-through of employees potentially exposed to infectious or communicable diseases.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Report all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
FINANCE - 0%
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 25%
* Utilizes results from data collection activities to include occupational injury and illness volumes and trends, results from infection control surveillances, trends of employee injuries and illnesses to identify and prioritize areas of focus for improvement. Develops corrective action plans targeted to improvement. Participates in and reports to safety and medical committees.
* Coordinates planning of and may present educational programs to enhance staff knowledge.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
* Alternative and additional specialized experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of the minimal educational requirement.
* Minimum of three years of relevant experience as a RN, preferably as an Employee Health nurse in an acute care hospital or large clinic setting.
* Would consider experience as an infection control practitioner or epidemiologist, laboratory technologist, or similar in lieu of some of the required RN experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Current Registered Nurse licensure for the State of Texas.
* Current CPR required.
* Specialty Certification (COHN) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Competent in Nursing and Infection Control practices including, Isolation precautions.
* Maintains current knowledge regarding all laws, regulatory and accreditation standards.
* Proficient with computer programs to complete job duties independently.
* Able to professional communicate in English with verbal and written skill with all levels to include Executives, Physicians, Corporate, Regulatory Agencies, and Legal.
* Able to complete all expectations of position with minimal supervision; demonstrates self-initiative.
See attached ADA activities checklist.
* The work environment includes office, clinical and non-clinical areas.
* The position will be covered Monday through Friday, with the ability to flex schedule as needed to meet needs of program.
* A minimal amount of travel will be expected of this position for networking, community participation and continuing education.
* All appropriate vaccinations for the healthcare worker are required of this position, unless considered otherwise.
* Maintains staff, patient and physician confidentiality at all times.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.