Occupational Therapist - Growing Elder services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary job responsibilities:
* Assures that all occupational therapy assessments are completed and documented in a timely manner.
* Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team (IDT), participants and caregivers to meet participants occupational therapy needs.
* Participates in daily IDT meetings and care planning meetings as scheduled.
* Assures that problems, goals and interventions related to occupational therapy are documented in the participant s record, communicated in a timely manner and evaluated at appropriate intervals.
* Completes home safety evaluations as assigned in a timely manner; recommends changes in participants living environments consistent with their needs and capabilities, including any need for in-home equipment; collaborates with IDT members to assure needs are met.
* Provides treatment to participants in their home setting as needed.
* Recommends, creates or obtains individualized supplies such as splints, braces or other adaptive equipment.
* Assists participants to improve decision making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills as indicated in assessments.
* Provide education to participants and caregivers to allow them to carry out therapeutic activities at home when indicated.
* Collaborates with the Activities Coordinator to select programs and activities that are consistent with therapeutic goals.
* Participates in rehabilitation services related data collection and quality surveillance as required.
* Documents all direct care encounters in the participants record to facilitate submission of claims and diagnostic data to FCHP systems.
* Attends regular staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited rehabilitation program in occupational therapy.
License: Licensed as an occupational therapist in Massachusetts
Certification: CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification within 60 days of hire.
Experience: At least one year experience working with a frail or elderly population in a health care setting. 2-3 years experience in home or outpatient settings preferred.
Fallon Health is an equal opportunity employer. It is very important for us to maintain a consistant hiring process for every candidate. In addition, we are also a government contractor with requirements to report on our Affirmative Action planning. To that end, we require everyone to apply online.
If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 1-508-368-9893 (TRS 711).