Occupational Therapist - Home Health - Per Diem - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery (EMCM), Home Health & Hospice serves the residents of Montgomery County and its surrounding area since 1985. We are part of Einstein Medical Center Montgomery and the Einstein Healthcare Network. As a hospital-based, nonprofit organization, we are dedicated to improving the lives of people recovering at home from illness or injury.
EMCM Home Health & Hospice is certified by Medicare, accredited by The Joint Commission and recognized as an "Elite" Home Health Agency for superior patient quality outcomes. Our solid reputation from clinical excellence, compassionate care and superior customer service means you can always count on us. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* The Occupational Therapist (OT) plans and provides occupational therapy services for the home care department to patients effected by illness or injury
* The OT assess functioning and intervenes and modifies activities of everyday living that are essential for independent living, including dressing, bathing, grooming, bathing, meal preparation, and writing, in an effort to minimize role dysfunction and maximize independence
* Authority to carry out all medically prescribed rehabilitative occupational therapy services as ordered by the attending physician and in accordance with home care philosophy, standards and policies
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum
* At least one year of experience in an acute care or extended care facility
* Previous home care experience preferred
* Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of Pennsylvania
* Registered by the American Occupational Therapy Association
* Valid Pennsylvania Driver's License
* Current automobile insurance and reliable vehicle for use on duty
* Maintains clinical and professional competenceAbility to follow oral and written instructions
* Strong computer skills
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Good organizational skills desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.