Occupational Therapist / OT - Home Health - $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS! - ReqCode 1059131 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Evaluate patients and develop occupational therapy treatment programs in collaboration with the physician and provide occupational therapy treatments to patients. Administer complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, ADL retraining, and various cognitive techniques. Instruct, motivate and assist patients in learning and improving activities of daily living. Supervise and direct the efforts of the occupational therapy assistants, if assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Initial and interim assessment of the client's level of functioning and recommend, in writing to the patient's physician, the need for a rehabilitation program, either restorative or maintenance, goals and discharge plans.
* Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of problem identification treatment programs, Plan of Care, goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to Occupational Therapy needs in conjunction with the physician and other team members.
* Make revisions to the plans and goals in the Plan of Care based on changes in patient status.
* Implement the plan of treatment for patients admitted to the home care setting including evaluations of treatment and equipment needs.
* Complete and submit required documentation within established Agency guidelines.
* Facilitate effective communication amongst other clinicians providing care to the patient.
* Assume responsibility for case management functions for therapy patients, through case conferencing with therapists and outside community agencies providing care / services, obtain interim orders and recertify for services at least every 60 days.
* Provide direct patient care services to ensure the effectiveness of Occupational Therapy Programs.
* Prioritize, plan treatments and travel times to provide for maximum efficiency, yet meet the needs of the patients.
* Demonstrate knowledge of Occupational Therapy Procedures, equipment and supplies providing for safety and maximum patient benefit as required by policy and state regulations.
* Demonstrate therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible persons who may assist the patient with the Occupational Therapy Program.
* Perform appropriate & timely documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency or Fiscal intermediary.
* Monitor visit frequency and duration by reviewing physicians' orders and comparing to the Plan of Care and documentation.
* Act as a referral source for staff, families, and physicians on services and equipment related torehabilitation services. Promote services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance at expos, fairs, etc.
* Perform client / family education as appropriate.
* Provide supervision to OTA's, and paraprofessionals in accordance with State regulations.Interpret Medicare guidelines. Responsible to obtain prior authorizations as required by third party payers.
* Participate in case conferences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Graduate from an Occupational Therapy educational program.
* Current license / registration by state of hire as an Occupational Therapist.
* One (1) year experience in Occupational Therapy.
* Prior home care experience preferred.
* Ability to read and write in English.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annuallythereafter. Must obtain a statement from MD stating that the employee is free of communicablediseases.*
* Ability to travel day-to-day within geographic areas.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations,reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift ,and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
* May be exposed to dog / cat hair, dust, mold, mildew and ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button