Occupational Therapist / OT - Mentor Program - Queens, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOX is seeking top-caliber Occupational Therapists to join our Emerging Professionals Mentor Program in Queens, NY!
Fox offers an innovative approach to optimize function and independence for older adults through proactive evidence based interventions; the first private practice in the country to provide outpatient services in the home environment. Since 1998, Fox has received national recognition over the years by APTA, ADVANCE, and others, through various awards such as Clinical Excellence in Geriatrics, Top 5 Private Practices, and Best of the Best Program Award Spotlight from ALFA last year. Fox is home to the first APTA-accredited private practice to have a geriatric residency program, and we employ 3% of the nation s Board Certified Geriatric Specialists. Today, Fox employs over 800 physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists across nine states, including MD, VA, SC, NJ, NY, PA, CT, MA, NH, and DE - and we continue to grow!
Our longstanding, well-established Emerging Professionals Mentor Program is thoughtfully designed to develop competencies and clinical reasoning skills through a rigorous six month program for entry level Occupational Therapy practitioners. This program is designed specifically for recent graduates, who are passionate about older adults, and wish to establish a broad clinical knowledge base during their first few critical years in the field. The program assists new and novice clinicians to become successful in an environment that promotes patient-centered care, evidence-based practice, and lifelong learning. Our New Grad Mentees receive mentoring and training for geriatric specific clinical skills, administrative tasks including documentation, and fulfillment of professional roles.
Mentor Program Highlights:
* A rigorous 6-month professional development program designed to transition a new or novice clinician to a highly competent and well rounded professional
* Established goals and expectations
* Comprehensive Program Manual
* Gradual progression of patient care over the first three months
* One-on-one mentoring, shadowing, and clinical observations
* Full salary from Day 1, including structured compensation increases in Year 1 and Year 2, in addition benefits and unlimited opportunities for both financial and professional growth
Our New Grad Emerging Professionals become the profession's next generation of leaders. Fox Mentees have progressed on to become Clinical Instructors, Mentors, Regional Directors, Senior Regional Director, Board Certified Specialists and Vice Presidents within Clinical Operations and Quality Assurance divisions- to name a few!
Do you want more for your patients and more for your professional career* Then, you will feel right at home here! To learn more about New Graduate opportunities, among other career opportunities, please contact:
Amber Mauro - Manager, Talent Acquisition - North
* Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy Program.
* Candidates must possess applicable state licensure, or have met eligibility requirements to apply. Candidates who are not state licensed, but are eligible to register for the NPTE or NBCOT OTR exam, will also be considered.
* Clinicians with six months of experience or less are eligible for the Emerging Professional Mentor Program.
* Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills, passion for older adults, tenacity and work ethic, as well as ability to thrive in an autonomous patient-centered environment.
* Candidates must demonstrate a strong desire to grow personally and professionally in a career path with one of the nation s top private practices recognized for innovation and commitment to older adults.