Occupational Therapist - Oakland / Macomb Counties - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
Reverence Home Health and Hospice
Auburn Hills, MI
Crittenton Home Care, an Ascension Health at Home Company, has an immediate opening for an
Occupational Therapist in the Oakland/Macomb County area.
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Evaluated occupational roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
* Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
* Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
* Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments (Agency/OASIS); evaluates sensory-motor neuromuscular, psychosocial, and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior.
* Assesses physical, social, safety, and cultural components of the patient's occupational environment.
* Teaches client/family disease process and treatments needed.
* Fabricates and maintains adaptive equipment and hand splints
* Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients' needs and desires, including home health aide and COTA supervision
* Documents, prepares, and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis, including identification of therapy barriers and desired outcomes and goal setting; revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data; plans for discharge of patient
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
* Current State License as an Occupational Therapist
* Valid Driver's License.
* Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
* Twoyears experience as an Occupational Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of durable medical equipment