Occupational Therapist - PRN - Doylestown
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Performing evaluation and treatment of patients/residents upon referral to relieve pain, prevent disability, develop and improve skills and restore function
* Providing service to young adult, adult, elderly and frail elderly age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
* This on-call position is expected to provide coverage as needed and as able based on the needs of the facility. This includes weekends and weekday treatment.
* When covering, the therapist is to complete all expected documentation, treatment protocol and hospital policy and standards of care
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Graduate of accredited program in Occupational Therapy
* Two years experience working in various sites including acute care, skilled nursing facility and acute rehab strongly preferred
* Pennsylvania licensure in Occcupational Therapy required
* Certified by AOTA and/or NBCOT
* Physical Requirements: Standing and/or walking most of an 8 hour day with occasional lifting of weights up to 50 lbs and frequent lifting of weights up to 25 lbs. Frequent bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stair climbing, and standing unassisted. Occasional transferring of patients exceeding 200 lbs, frequent transferring of patients exceeding 100 lbs. Frequent writing, handling of materials and documents, palpating, and fine finger motions.
* Visual Requirements: Continuous near vision, depth perception, accommodation, full field of vision or compensatory ability, eye hand coordination, far acuity, and ability to read hand written documents.
* Hearing Requirements: Continuous normal conversation, frequent telephone conversation at normal volumes, occasional conversation at low voice volumes.
* Working Conditions: Limited exposure to potentially hazardous substances. Frequent exposure to body fluids and patients who are incontinent and/or confused. Occasional exposure to patients who are combative and/or verbally abusive. Treatment areas may be noisy and crowded with limited climate control.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.