Ocean Freight Customer Service Agent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Receive and validate customer order
* Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
* Reserve file number
* File tariff rate if applicable
* Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
* Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
* Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
* Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
* Serve as a liasion between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
* Provide accurate job costing forecast
* Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
* Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
* Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
* Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
* Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
* Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
* Other duties as requested.
* At least 2-4 years experience in ocean freight (import and export)
* Proficient in MS Office applications
* Excellent communication skills
* Team player
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* In-depth know-how of import process
* Ability to effectively multi-task
* Detail oriented
* Excellent application skills and competence
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer