Ocean Freight Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitor timely responses to internal/external customers and other PANALPINA offices
* Review of file processing with regards to:
* application of proper weights, dimensions and rates
* documentation, i.e., customer s requirements, consignee and/or destination requirements
* Letter of Credit requirements (instruct Export Agent, if necessary)
* Review of shipment processing with regards to:
* use of direct or consolidation services
* choice of routing
* check file after Export Agent has completed the shipment
* approve banking documents (L/C s, sight drafts, etc.)
* check all other primary actions of the Export Agent in accordance with the individual s level of training
* Prepare quotations and review customer profile, rate structures, routing alternatives, etc.
* Support Sales Department with customer information, rates, etc.
* Visit customers whenever required to improve communication
* Assist department head in training and education of the department staff and supervise cross-training and assure adequate and timely training of the staff on hazardous materials regulations
* Complete and update customer profiles
* Review DGR documents to ensure compliance
* Monitor vendors compliance with service standards and requirements as per contract terms
* Monitor proper filing and updating of all departmental records, i.e., tariffs, SOPs, etc.
* Ensure proper filing of Pantainer tariffs
* Assist department head on Shipping Run
* Act as Department Manager during management absence
* Excellent and thorough knowledge of ocean environment and its regulations
* In-depth knowledge of ocean import and export processes
* Supervisory experience
* College degree a plus
* Excellent and thorough knowledge of Ocean Export environment and its regulations
* In depth knowledge of ocean export processes
* Excellent communication and people skills
* Management experience
* Strong customer service orientation
* Detail oriented
* Team player
* Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer