Off Duty Police Officer - Vista Ridge Mall - Lewisville Police-Only
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
OFF DUTY POLICE OFFICER - VISTA RIDGE MALL - LEWISVILLE POLICE-ONLY
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Universal Protection Service, the leader in security opportunities, invites you to apply today to be an Off Duty Police Officer. The ideal candidate for this position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities for the Off Duty Police Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations on foot or in a vehicle
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons, and investigate any suspicious conditions and complaints and make arrests of any person committing a crime.
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance at Client's properties
Qualified applicants for the Off Duty Police Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be at least 25 years of age.
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must have a valid FOID card.
* Must have a valid gun/weapons permit.
* Provide proof of current employment as a Police Officer, POLICE ID and CURRENT PAYCHECK STUB.
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days