Off-Shift Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe main focus of this position will be to oversee the execution of transportation plans which includes load tendering, tracking, tracing and exception management. Managing a team of planners to ensure loads are accurately planned in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring customer satisfaction. A strong partner relationship with internal and external customers such as distribution centers, order fulfillment teams, carriers, and the ultimate customer.
* Management skills to develop personnel, lead multidisciplinary project teams and influence suppliers
* Knowledge of distribution process, including enabling systems such as SAP, sales services, scheduling, finance and manufacturing
* Strong written and oral communications.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management, staff and build relationships with suppliers
* Ability to balance strategic and tactical thought and action
* Proven negotiation skills
* Strong analytical skills to assess quantitative impact of strategic distribution plans, changes
* Able to thrive on challenge, foster an environment of collaboration and mentoring, and influence sr. executives
* Ability to create and communicate a compelling vision for transportation and shipment planning
* 4 year degree or equivalent experience
* Substantial distribution/logistics experience with knowledge of manufacturing.