Off-Shift Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The main focus of this position will be to oversee the execution of transportation plans which includes load tendering, tracking, tracing and exception management. Managing a team of planners to ensure loads are accurately planned in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring customer satisfaction. A strong partner relationship with internal and external customers such as distribution centers, order fulfillment teams, carriers, and the ultimate customer.
* Management skills to develop personnel, lead multidisciplinary project teams and influence suppliers
* Knowledge of distribution process, including enabling systems such as SAP, sales services, scheduling, finance and manufacturing
* Strong written and oral communications.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management, staff and build relationships with suppliers
* Ability to balance strategic and tactical thought and action
* Proven negotiation skills
* Strong analytical skills to assess quantitative impact of strategic distribution plans, changes
* Able to thrive on challenge, foster an environment of collaboration and mentoring, and influence sr. executives
* Ability to create and communicate a compelling vision for transportation and shipment planning
* 4 year degree or equivalent experience
* Substantial distribution/logistics experience with knowledge of manufacturing.