This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Legal Services Company
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Office Administrator will manage the administrative functions of the office and oversee the day-to-day operations of support staff and provide leadership as it relates to the staffing, development, and management of staff, workflow and processes. This person will ensure the highest quality of service to legal personnel, maximizing efficiency while minimizing administrative costs. The incumbent will have management experience, flexibility to work with people at all levels of the organization and sound interpersonal skills. The Office Administrator will understand the needs of the various practice areas and will develop the inherent ability to effectively assign staff members considering the appropriate skills mix, temperament, and demeanor to the appropriate attorney teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
_Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:_
* Plan, organize and direct the day-to-day business operations of the office, while fostering a cooperative and harmonious working environment, recommend and effect changes in procedures to achieve savings in time, labor and other costs and improve operating efficiency,
* Coordinate and manage workflow of support staff using current staffing ratios as a performance metric to maximize utilization of resources and achieve service excellence,
* Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel and function assigned (i.e. motivate, supervise)
* Determine standards of performance as a basis to review progress; develop and articulate required competencies; communicate areas of accountability and performance expected; review ongoing performance results, take corrective measures with authorization, escalate as needed,
* Determine work procedures and prepare work schedules,
* Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals;
* Develop individuals for future advancements, including implementing a mentor program;
* Approve work schedules, track time off, enact contingency staffing plans as needed,
* Maintain a qualified staff; ensure proper training.
* Establish and maintain open lines of communication with members and associates; solicit feedback in areas of performance, staffing, workflow, procedures. Collaborate on identifying and resolving areas of concern;
* Perform compensation analyses on an as-needed basis, ensuring internal equity and consistency with the firm's compensation philosophy.
* Work closely with Human Resources on recruitment initiatives: interviewing office services, reception, secretary and word processor candidates;
* Make candidate hire recommendations,
* Coordinate orientation and training for all new personnel in office procedures and practices.
* Keep abreast of practice area processes as appropriate to the position.
* Oversee all aspects of the delivery of Technology, Records, Word Processing, Legal Assistant, Reception and Office Services.
* Formulate annual budget proposals and forecasting, including preparation of operating budget.
* Check preparation and signing authority for certain client-related transactions and particular firm expenditures; approve payment of all general office-related accounts payable
* Manage petty cash fund and reconcile receipts with cash distributed.
* Review check requisition forms for completeness, prepare checks, submit weekly and monthly requisitions and check stubs to accounting.
* Maintain ultimate responsibility for any functions related to facilities and conference center management and provide guidance to Facilities and Conference Center staff related to such responsibilities.
* Route A/R checks to Billing Specialist and/or Finance Dept.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* College degree and SHRM-CP/SPHRpreferred; commensurate amount of experience considered.
* Preferably -5+ years of supervisory or coordinator-level experience in a small- to mid-sized firm, including the responsibility of coordinating workflow.
* Familiarity with general processes, systems, philosophies, structure, methods and approaches of mid- to large-sized law firms
* Experience with supervising, coaching and developing staff.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and follow-through skills.
* Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Must be adept in communicating sensitive information.
* Strong customer service skills, responding decisively and effectively to requests and issues.
* Excellent analytical and judgment skills and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
* Demonstrable/proven leadership skills.
* Ability to interact professionally with all levels of attorneys and staff.
* Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and professional environment.
* Thorough working knowledge of software applications, equipment, electronic calendaring, etc., in order to effectively lead, assess and mentor direct reports.
OFFICE LOCATION: New York, NY
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10%
Up to $175K