This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of administrative support functions, including receptionist, clerical support, data entry, word processing, and uniform maintenance.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Primary job function is performing general administrative and clerical support.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Provides telephone reception; interacts in a positive manner with staff, customers and the public.
* Takes telephone messages; relays messages as appropriate.
* Greets visitors to the office; provides information and verifies purpose of visits; notifies employees of visitors who have arrived for appointments or other reasons.
* Signs for special deliveries.
* Processes incoming and outgoing mail; files documents appropriately.
* Prepares accurate letters, memos and reports in a timely manner.
* Assists with payroll, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable processing.
* Schedules meetings and conferences and assists with travel reservations.
* Gathers marketing data and other information; enters information into databases and produces reports.
* Performs a variety of administrative support functions as assigned, including word processing, data entry, completion of forms, filing, and maintaining equipment and uniform inventory.
* Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
* Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and simple reconciliation.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
* Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
* Ability to write routine correspondence.
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Good organizational skills.
* Courteous and professional telephone manner.
* Strong customer and results orientation.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands) With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage including data entry for prolonged periods.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Frequent sitting.
* Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.