This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Assists with administrative and clerical functions for Rehab Services.
This position is responsible for delivering the high quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of the department by carrying out some or all of the following responsibilities:
Scheduling and checking in patients
Handling medical records
Addressing insurance issues
Xeroxing, filing, faxing
* Demonstrates appropriate phone etiquette
* Checks voice mail messages throughout the day and communicates unresolved issues to appropriate staff members
* Prepares new medical record with appropriate form, obtains old chart if needed or prints additional info from systems for therapist to review
* Checks in patients upon arrival
* Assists office Coordinator as requested with updates to schedule book
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 0-1 years related work experience required in Prior experience in healthcare settings preferred.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Understanding of medical terminology
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf