Office Engineer - Rail/Transit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Using procedures standard to the company, performs assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works on projects of increasing difficulty, with work being reviewed periodically by supervisor.
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
* Receives objectives and technical advice from supervisor.
* Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and prepares reports.
* Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving relatively limited responsibility and general instructions as to methods and procedures to be followed.
* Performs standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
* Receives and reviews various Shop Drawings for projects.
* Prepares and submits permit forms. Follows up on the status of applications.
* Has direct contact with clients.
* Prepares preconstruction cost estimates / engineer s estimates for projects.
* Financial management of Designer s through Earned Value Management/invoice review.
* Facilitate contract changes by producing scoping documents, Independent Cost Estimates and review of designers proposals for extra work with Project Engineer and Design Management Team s assistance.
* Attend meetings and author meeting minutes.
* Coordinate design submittals and reviews with Design Management s Project Engineers. Track design review comments, follow up on open action items, and facilitate close out of comments and reviews with Designers
* Coordinate monthly review of Designers Monthly Report s
* Facilitate Design Management input to PM-CM Monthly Report
Performs other duties as may be required.
Performs other duties as may be required.
Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) in engineering from four-year college or university; and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training. Professional Engineer s license not required for this position, unless mandated by State Registration Law. Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after regular business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to feel objects, tools, or controls, and to stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals