Office Manager / Administrative Assistant Contactor / Construction 8/11/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International Construction firm is seeking an office manager for its new operation in South Florida. The office manager provides administrative, accounting, bid support, marketing and general support to the operation. The Office Manager must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The Office Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
* Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
* Keeps legal documentation and insurance policies up to date
* Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the company
* Responsible for company vehicle management
* BID PROCESS
* Registers and updates company record with municipal customers
* Allocates resources to projects as needed
* Requests bonds for projects
* Coordinate and manage documentation and eligibility requirements in the events where the Company participates as a contractor in public tenders
* Daily transaction accounting in QuickBooks
* Job accounting tracking
* Provide necessary information to the external accountant to perform balance and tax reports
* Maintains company information up to date on web site and social media
* Promotes company with private and public customers, sending brochures and setting up meetings
* Follows up on leads from customers
* Maintain enough electronic and physical brochures and marketing material
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bilingual English/Spanish
* At least 5years of experience in a similar role.
* Municipal contractor experience preferred
* Experience and interest in development, and project management.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Social Media web platform