- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Law Firm - Columbus, OHThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Law Firm Law Firm
- Columbus, OH
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Law firm is seeking an Office Manager for its Columbus office. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Columbus office, including responsibilities in areas of general office operations, human resources, financial management, facilities management, and information technology management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Performs all human resources functions for the Columbus office including, but not limited to fair and consistent implementation of human resources policies and procedures, and compliance with applicable district and federal laws
· Recruits and assists with the hiring and training of non-exempt staff and salaried staff; coordinates office workflow and secretarial support for legal personnel
· Supervises, counsels, disciplines and discharges non-exempt support staff and salaried staff as required in consultation with the Director of Human Resources.
· Assists the in conducting the annual nonexempt staff performance and salary review process and with new employee orientation and benefits review for all new legal and non-exempt personnel
· Performs financial management functions, including preparing office checks for filing fees, etc; maintains petty cash; processes and transmits invoices to accounting for payment on a weekly basis.
· Establishes financial controls and guidelines that optimize cost effectiveness and profitability; works to keep office operating expenses within budgeted guidelines and recommends ways to reduce costs
· Performs or manages all required facilities management functions for the Columbus office including handling requests for maintenance, maintaining a relationship with the building manager, and managing parking garage contracts and parking assignments
· Works with the Director of Office Administration to facilitate any leasehold improvements, space planning and office relocation and to manage approved capital projects
· Manages Columbus office relationships with all office supplies providers, and the purchase of non-computer office supplies; oversees office operations of the file room, records storage, and reception/switchboard services
· Works with the Chief Information Officer to assure day-to-day information technology functions are supported including, but not limited to, assists with training and orientation of new employees as required
· Works with the A/V Coordinator to provide onsite support for A/V services
· Provides local IT support as may be required
· Under the direction of the Director of Library Services, supports research and periodical orders for the Columbus office; oversees updating of reference materials and basic shelving/re-shelving duties
· Performs other related administrative duties for the office as may be required by the Firm or the Partner In Charge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Previous law office management experience preferred, IT support experience preferred, general human resources management experience required.
· Proficiency in WindowsXP, Word, and spreadsheet applications, preferably Excel.
· Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow the instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
· Work requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and performing other essential duties.
· Ability to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 40 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
· Work requires irregular hours, and usually requires more than 40.00 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.