Office Manager- Full Time- Framingham 8/27/2016
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
The Office Manager directs, plans, and coordinates the work of office staff and manages the daily operations of a physician office with 3 or more full-time providers. In addition to supervisory functions, may perform one of these roles in the office from time-to-time: (1) Patient Service Representative, (2) Medical Assistant Flow Coordinator, or (3) Phlebotomist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises the daily operation of the offices, including helping staff establish deadlines for work assignment and completion, and monitoring work status and progress. Re-allocates staff resources as appropriate based on daily physician schedules, time-off, and capacity. Fosters teamwork between staff and physicians.
* Actively participates in the daily operation of the offices in one or more of these functions as appropriate with skillset and training: (1) Patient Service Representative, (2) Medical Assistant Flow Coordinator, or (3) Phlebotomist. Provides assistance to office staff members in order to ensure the office runs orderly for the physicians and patients.
* Responsible for managing personnel related activities including, scheduling hours, accurate timekeeping, attendance, time off requests, leave of absences, employee relations issues, performance evaluations and overtime management.
* Manages office level billing procedures, patient registration, diagnosis coding, applicable collection of co-payment and outstanding balances from patients while ensuring full compliance with established cash control policies and procedures. Monitors various billing functions.
* Oversees and maintains the practices appointment scheduling system including assisting in determining bookable time.
* Compiles management reports and responsible for execution of and monitoring practice-wide initiatives in the office.
* Develops enhanced workflow mechanisms and procedures to increase office efficiency and assists staff in understanding and implementing organizational policies and procedures. Responsible for standardizing processes and procedures when appropriate.
* Functions as the liaison between physicians, CRMA administration, human resources, billing, credentialing, IS, accounts payable, and other areas for the office.
* Assists in the recruiting, hiring and training and development of staff.
* Works with ancillary services and/or renters which reside in the office space, as applicable, to ensure seamless customer service to our patients and help services work efficiently.
* Responsible for managing expenses, purchasing, and completing and submitting month end financial statements if necessary.
* Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed. Promotes a customer service orientation among staff members.
* Maintains the physical property and equipment of the office including arranging for routine and emergency maintenance with landlord and outside vendors.
* Manages physician call and coverage schedules.
* Ensures office is in compliance with regulatory requirements including: safety, OSHA, HIPAA, employment and labor laws, state and federal guidelines.
* Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
* Manages expenses, maintain office supply inventory, monitor accounts payable activity to ensure adherence to proper fiscal controls.
* Ensures mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
* Actively participates in patient complaint procedures.
* Identifies, analyzes and resolves work problems.
* Assists staff in maintaining ongoing quality assurance program.
* Attends office manager meetings and disseminates information to staff.
* Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards according to policy.
* Other duties as assigned from time to time.
* 3 years of medical office experience.
* Previous management or leadership experience preferred.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Office and electronic medical records system.
* Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
* Strong interpersonal and supervision skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills with a positive attitude.
Occasional lifting and carrying. Manual dexterity using a computer keyboard.
Typical medical practice office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer