Practice Manager - Lawrence - Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care 8/24/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Office Manager works with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care (DFCCC) physicians and their practice staff at each DFCCC site to ensure a quality based and patient centered work flow. The Office Manager will, in coordination with DFCCC Leadership, ensure all DFCCC policies and procedures are being followed and are in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Office Manager will display a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Manager will collaborate closely with physicians, peers, DFCCC leadership to continuously access and manage a wide range of objectives, including but not limited to: operations, personnel, practice management, billing, facilities, systems, and programmatic development. The manager will assist with long range planning and project development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversees regular staff meetings by department, and full staff meetings quarterly; takes meeting minutes and follows-up on any action items.
* Works closely with the Managers in Billing, Operations, Finance, Clinical and the Patient Advocates.
* Maintains physician credentialing, hospital renewals, licenses, subscriptions and dues; ensures timely renewal of licenses for providers.
* Tracks and maintains Continuing Medical Education (CME) files for providers.
* Maintains BLS and ACLS certifications for practitioners. Schedules recertification classes as needed.
* Schedules and prepares for annual TCS inspections and OSHA training.
* Attends and participates in departmental and interdepartmental meetings and committees.
* Develops and implements a system to track areas of responsibility, follow-up and determine deadlines for multiple projects.
* Assumes administrative and operational functions; implements appropriate changes and system improvements.
* Oversees, prioritizes and delegates department workload.
* Discusses outstanding balances for bills and copayments with patients, works with the Billing Department to resolve patient billing issues.
* Responsible for petty cash, daily deposits, credit card transactions, and reconciliation of daily cash flow in the office, including but not limited to maintaining electronic records of all transactions.
* Manages and controls expenditures within department budget.
* Oversees inventory of office supplies, packing slips, invoices and statements to AP with description of use.
* Coordinates each physician s In Patient Billing data. Researches insurance and demographics, DOS, and level of visit prior to submission to Billing Department for processing.
* Runs daily financial/visit reports.
* Works with DFCCC Director of Finance and Operations to effectuate financial and analytical skills including ability to develop and monitor the Practice budget, manages front end billing and review and addresses billing issues and statistics to ensure revenue maximization.
* Oversees the daily operations of the medical office.
* Ability to manage the day to day operations, assist to establish and maintain policies and procedures, monitoring statistics, managing patient flow and front desk operations.
* Identifies, researches, evaluates, and resolves complex administrative and operational issues.
* Assists physicians in any/ non-clinical functions as requested, which may include and not limited to: coordinating meetings, responding to internal and external inquiries, and setting up lectures and presentations, etc.
* Supervises the repair and maintenance of all computers, office equipment, phones, lab, chemo hood and pumps. Maintains maintenance contracts.
* Be responsible for calls 24/7 for building and fire alarms, server/IT issues, and telephone service interruptions.
* Executes weekly departmental payroll and maintain accurate payroll records
* Maintains employee personnel files and records.
* Collaborates with HR on policies & procedures, leave administration, employee relations, corrective action process and recruiting.
* Coordinates space and infrastructure issues and ensures effective coordination of training programs.
* Designs, implements and assists in the orientation of new staff and on-going training of office staff in various computer software applications, as well as office policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of DFCCC s policies and procedures.
* Coordinates and distributes HR related paperwork and information to staff and providers in the office including but not limited to the DFCCC s flu program, Annual Education Update and policy changes.
* Cross trains and supervises staff and ensure that performance evaluations, payroll, employee changes and other HR transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Skill in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
* Ability to provide support, direction and development to staff.
* Ability to identify issues/projects and initiate plans to address forthrightness and integrity.
* Willingness to mentor staff to resolve issues, respecting confidentiality and being discrete with any/all information given. Should lead by example.
* Must possess excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Onco EMR, Pulse Pro, Time Track and Expense Watch preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Must possess knowledge in all aspects of safety and have the ability to ensure a safe environment for staff and patients.
* Should possess a thorough knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and all federal and state regulations regarding employment, affirmative action, drugs medical waste disposal and safety.
* Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
* Skills to work efficiently and effectively in all aspects of the positions.
* Ability to manage the day to day operations.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Be responsible for calls 24/7 for building and fire alarms, server/IT issues, and telephone service interruptions.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma required, Bachelor s degree in Health Care Administration or Management is preferred. A minimum of 5 years health care Practice Management experience is required along with previous supervisory experience and knowledge of administrative and supervisory principles and practices.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.