Office Manager - Radiation Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08540-11938
Responsible for daily operation of the hospital Radiation Oncology Front Desk through onsite management and supervision of staff, facility management and support to physicians. Plans, directs and coordinates all outpatient services for the front desk operations. Coordinates, monitors and supervises all activities and performance of the clerical support staff. Also responsible for compliance with personnel and financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Reports to the Director of Radiation Oncology
1. Assumes leadership role for daily operations of activities of front desk through onsite management of staff.
2. Acts as liaison with Director of Radiation Oncology and ensures that all issues and concerns, projects and operations have been communicated accurately and on a timely basis.
3. Ensures appropriate training of all clerical staff on proper registration procedures.
4. Performs quality assurance (QA) as outlined in registration policy and monitors audit trails to assure documented cash collections, payment posting and correct registration procedures.
5. Coordinates accounts payable for all practice expenses.
6. Oversees purchasing and use of supplies to maximize cost containment. Ensure that all approved furniture, equipment, and supplies have been ordered, received and installed.
7. Provides supervision and support to all staff in a fair and consistent manner and provides confidential counseling and direction as needed. Refers to Director of Radiation Oncology as needed.
8. Supervises all staff within the group, including hiring, promotion, reviews and terminations. Provides feedback on the job performance of all staff to the Director of Radiation Oncology.
9. Maintains and coordinates all staff schedules to accommodate patient volume and provide coverage during vacation and sick time. Responsible for ensuring adequate coverage during scheduled absences of staff.
10. Responsible for daily payroll edits per policy.
11. Assist in obtaining authorizations for procedures.
12. Coordinates the telephone, filing, scheduling, registration and front desk functions for effective management of the department.
13. Coordinates and directs all meeting with the staff on a regular basis to keep all staff members informed of goals and plans.
14. Ensures appropriate and timely communication among physicians, staff, patients and families.
15. Monitors monthly statistical reporting of key operations and economic factors for the offices, adjusts operations as needed to maintain peak performance. Develops and implements specific plans to reduce overhead, improve efficiency and improve cash flow.
16. Supervises and ensures proper billing and collections of patient accounts. Interfaces with RPAS Director and staff to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data.
17. Represents department in self-pay committee meetings and other financial meetings as requested.
18. Knowledge of Supply Chain policy and procedures. Properly orders, receives and maintains adequate medical supplies in the office.
19. Ensures that patient rights and privacy are maintained. Ensures confidentiality of patient and staff information.
20. Demonstrates knowledge, support and compliance with all hospital and department specific policies and procedures and regulatory requirements including OSHA, Medicare, JCAHO and State Health Department.
21. Ensures compliance with respective managed care plans and protocols to include referrals and other resource utilization.
22. Oversees clerical support staff to optimize efficiency of department.
23. Responsible for accomplishments of special projects as assigned.
23. Liaison for HR processes, i.e. scheduling of interviews, preparation of required HR paperwork and tracking of licensure and mandatory training attendance.
24. Monitors operations to ensure that all hospital policies and procedures are being implemented as indicated in the departmental policies and procedures manual.
25. Displays an attitude and behavior that reflects high regard for teamwork, harmony, and cooperation.
26. Facilitate the work of the Department by engaging in a customer-oriented relationship with members of the Medical Staff, patients/families, within the department and throughout the organization.
27. Coordinate department record retention activities.
28. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring all activities and performance of the control desk to include the clerical support staff.
29. Maintain office equipment.
30. Assists with the interviewing process for clerical support staff personnel.
31. Provide assistance to departmental management personnel for documentation and special studies addressing departmental productivity.
32. Jointly responsible for performance evaluations on clerical support staff personnel.
33. Answer phone, schedule patients for various exams, greets patients and physicians in a professional and courteous manner.
34. Register patients for exams and affiliated paperwork and explain necessary preparations to patients and when necessary.
35. Pull charts for follow up visits and re-consultations
36. Assemble new patient charts for nursing and physicians collecting the initial records needed for consultation with the physicians.
37. Mail reports to referring physician.
38. Maintain and generate weekly/monthly statistics.
39. Coordinate various departmental requests for records requests, disability claims and other patient requests for information.
40. Make copies of various documents and deliver to appropriate parties.
41. Call and/or fax reports to physicians.
42. Monitor hours worked in clerical section to ensure appropriate coverage and assist with payroll.
43. Assure confidentiality privacy and rights of patients.
44. Assist Medical Auditors in verifying patient charges.
45. Receive, verify and replenish control desk/file room supplies.
46. Properly file reports and charts.
47. Assist department personnel when needed.
48. Perform housekeeping duties when necessary.
49. Participate in quality improvement/quality assessment (QI/QA) studies.
50. Ensure efficient use of hospital supplies and resources.
51. Demonstrate professional dress as outlined by department dress code and courtesy.
52. Attend in service and staff meetings.
53. Responsible for knowing hospital fire and disaster plans.
54. Report any significant problems related to patient care or inadequate procedures.
55. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS in Healthcare Administration or related field or comparable experience.
Experience: Five years relevant physician office experience, preferably in a oncology environment. Thorough knowledge of computer information systems, onsite collections, familiar with Medicare guidelines/regulations, billing and collection techniques, managed care, coding and insurance carrier rules and regulations. Management ability in areas of personnel administration and strong oral and written communication skills.
Last Edited: 08/08/2016