Office Support - Client Services - Legal Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis open position provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, and maintaining Firm systems, including Quickbooks, NetDocuments, SharePoint, etc.. This role involves routine administrative support in terms of editing documentation, drafting correspondence and client communication and interface, coordinating schedules, answering phones, typing, scanning, copying, faxing, invoicing, calendaring, collections, etc.
Must be able to work independently and have a "can do" attitude, willing to jump in and learn and do just about anything to help the business run smoothly. The job is demanding and the environment is fast paced and will require excellent communication, time and task management skills and the ability to focus. Success in this role will require someone who is self directed, highly collaborative, decisive, a strong communicator who provides open and honest and timely feedback.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BULK OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES OUTLINED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS.
Assist team members in receiving calls, responding to inquiries, scheduling and filing. Provide timely administrative support including reviewing calendars in advance and preparing any required materials for the Managing Partner and staff to help meet daily obligations. Effectively communicate on a daily basis about projects and confirm that all of the resources needed are available to meet deadlines. Manage the Firm's task-management systems utilizing Office 365 and SharePoint. Draft, review, format and edit outgoing documents and memoranda. Organize, manage and maintain internal research databases and filing systems. Create, manage and maintain marketingtemplates, forms, and collateral. Liaise between staff, clients, and vendors. Collaborate with sub-contractors and othermarketing partners of affiliates.
A key function of the role is to drive revenue through enhanced marketing and communication initiatives. Responsible for creating, implementing and managing ongoing marketing and business development strategies and initiatives in alignment with Firm objectives, as needed, including but not limited to: website maintenance, email campaigns, content marketing, PR and possibly graphic design.
The Firm is a Mac based work environment. Working proficiency with Macs and the iOS is critical. Demonstrated working knowledge of operations technologies including the Firm's CRM platform, workflow systems, research data bases (internal and external), phone systems, photocopy machines, and web-based business applications to maximize efficiency not just for self but to transmit knowledge to team and ensure that technology is leveraged to the Firm's benefit is necessary.
RESEARCH AND WRITING
Draft, edit, and/or review reports. Draft, edit, and/or review blogs, whitepapers, press releases and marketing collateral. Draft, edit and/or review outgoing correspondence to clients.
Additional Responsibilities:Additional duties and tasks, as assigned or requested.Education/Experience:
Minimum Associate's Degree or related experience.
* Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to prioritize work in a high volume environment.
* Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and triage workload accordingly while managing competing demands.
* Self-starter, critical thinker, and positive attitude.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Team Player.
* Strong people skills and collaborator.
* Memory and Recall - remember details of activities and client accounts.
* Demonstrates ability to make independent decisions.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
* Seeks ways to improve and promote excellence.
* Strong computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet and industry specific software programs with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software programs.
* Ability to work independently _and_ as part of a team.
* Adept with Mac products utilizing Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
The Firm largely works 'virtually' vis--vis its clients and many members of the team, though this role is not virtual and requires an in office presence during regular business hours. At least 40 hours a week is anticipated with supplemental hours to be completed remotely if necessary. .
Physical Demands must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Client Services Coordinator is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.