Office Technology Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT ENGINEER
This person will be the primary desktop support for all of the company's operations. This person will work closely with 3rd party vendors and needs to have strong cutting-edge IT skills. This position will be responsible for the test and integration of the latest handheld computing devices, as well as standard company desktop configuration, laptop, tablets, and mobile devices (iPhones/iPads). This position requires hands on skills in a 24/7 environment. Candidates must be willing and able to work outside of normal business hours and travel in/out of state to various offices.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual should have the technology foundation and knowledge to support the following areas:
* Be responsible for the physical computer moves at all Northern California offices including:
* Printer setup, assisting in the coordination and installation of telecommunications (data circuits and voice circuits), and cross connect patch cables from patch panels to data switches.
* Helping to ensure 99.999% reliability for Internet access and desktop email clients.
* Desktop imaging technology, Experience with SCCM a plus.
* Monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the home office network, systems, and computing devices.
* Installation, setup and configuration of new computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc...
* Desktop support for approximately 330 End Users and various offices via phone or Remote Desktop.
* Management, organization, and backup of media assets- photos and videos.
* General research projects- looking up and documenting information on new products, software, or technologies. Generating detailed comparisons to competing or older generation models.
* Staying up to date and knowledgeable on new and upcoming device specifications and features.
* Test new device functionality, document and report findings.
* Event coordination and planning- working with vendors to ensure events run smoothly from a technical aspect- power, lighting, sound/PA, visuals, etc...
* Ensure proper functionality of AV systems- source components, receivers, displays- troubleshoot and fix issues.
* Manage inventory of electronics and accessories on-hand.
* Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
* Office 2010 (especially Outlook), Office 2016, Endpoint Protection, Adobe PDF
* ITunes - AirPlay streaming
* Maintenance, troubleshooting, repair of all desktop PC's and their peripherals
* Printer resourceful during time sensitive situations.
* Calm under pressure.
* Customer-service oriented.
* Strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly.
* Ability to multi-task with eases and prioritizes at a moment's notice.
* Familiarity with etiquette, settings and protocols required for working in high-end home and CSuite environment.
* Knowledgeable of office video systems, including Crestron, AMX, Vantage, Lutron.
* Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License, and be able to provide proof of insurability.