On Air Talent
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The part time air talent position includes a mix of live and pre-recorded (tracked vs. live) air shifts to host the music format and communicate to listeners - - key product details and promotions as outlined by the station s Strategic Action Plan and format clock outline. This position also requires a fill in on demand element to cover air shifts for, but not limited to: sick leave absence of full time air personalities, vacation schedule relief, special company holiday fill ins, and or emergency situations. (i.e. weather, local emergency, CMT needs). Additionally, fill-ins and regular part-time shifts can require station event attendance, promotions, sales remotes etc. as needed, but with no guarantee of, hours (but not to extend over 29.5 hours per week)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Live air shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
* Voice track automation of pre-recorded air shifts.
* Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station concerts for the purpose of handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
* Occasionally in-house commercial production and voice over assignments as a function of filling in for full time personality s air shift per vacation/sick leave schedule determined by program director.
* Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), and station staff meetings (as needed).
* Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring personality s performance and coaching of on air presentation and techniques and suggestions.
* Miscellaneous other duties as required by supervisor.
* Experience with broadcast automation software
* Minimum of two years on-air experience.
* Requires good typing skills.
* Requires excellent communication skills.
* Requires good interpersonal skills.
* Well-rounded social media experience
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Minimum of two (2) years on-air radio experience.
NECESSARY LANGUAGE SKILLS:
* Able to communicate in English.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Reliable mode of transportation
* Night, weekend and holiday work is required
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-11300 4th St N
Job Level:Individual Contributor