On Air Talent 8/27/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionCox Media Group-San Antonio, KCYY Y100FM has an immediate opening for a full time Afternoon Drive Air Talent.
The main function as an ON-AIR TALENT is to produce an entertaining, topical, relatable on-air show that meets the needs of the specific target audience of the radio station as guided by your Program Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Live air shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
* Voice track automation of pre-recorded air shifts approved by Program Director.
* Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station concerts for the purpose of connecting with the listener, handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
* Commercial production shift during the course of each weekday, Monday through Friday.
* Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), station staff meetings (as needed).
* Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring personality s performance and coaching of on air presentation and techniques and suggestions.
* Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
* Minimum of two years on-air experience.
* Requires good typing skills.
* Requires excellent communication skills.
* Requires good interpersonal skills.
* Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
* Promo Suite knowledge helpful.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio-8122 Datapoint Dr Ste 500
Job Level:Individual Contributor