On-Call Assistant Teacher
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
As a part-time On-Call Assistant Teacher, you will support program activities as a part of a teaching team in all classrooms of the infant/toddler program.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the Head Teachers in routine duties of caring for and teaching children, to include: maintaining visual and auditory supervision of children, changing diapers, washing dishes, preparing food and classroom projects.
* Assisting in classroom management, implementation of the developmental curriculum, record keeping, and playground supervision.
* Cleaning and organizing work and play areas. Keeping room well organized and arranged appropriately.
* Maintaining good communication with parents, co workers, and children.
* Working with the Head Teachers in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children.
* Adhering to requirements of the North Carolina State child care Law and to accreditation standards of the American Montessori Society (AMS).
* Performing other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignments will be with infant, young toddler and toddler classrooms.
HOURS: Flexible hours and days as you are available however continual lack of availability will result in termination.
* High School or General Education Diploma required.
* 1 year of experience with preschool children in a licensed child care center.
* Knowledge of best practices for caring for children in varying stages of development.
* Good communication skills with young children, parents, visitors, and child care staff.
* Good written communication skills in all documentation.
* Must be able to lift, move, or hold children with weight up to 60 pounds.
* Must be able to observe children from various distances.
* Must be able to lift children from various heights.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, and sit in child sized furniture.
* Bachelor's degree in Child Development or closely related field.
* Montessori experience.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.