This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
CHSi is looking for dedicated collaborating and on-call Physicians to support our mission providing care to residents of a temporary shelter for children ages 13-17. We are proud to offer this work in support of an important government contract, offering full-time schedules at this site for a period of approximately 90 days. Multiple positions are needed, so if you are able to partner with us on a very important mission, please express your interest by submitting your resume or curriculum vitae online!
* Availability: Collaborative; 24/7 On-Call for assistance by the onsite medical staff of the temporary shelter NPs, PAs, RNs, and LVNs are onsite with the shelter residents.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine.
* Fully unencumbered license to practice medicine in state of practice. Active DEA registration and ability to prescribe to patients.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Proven ability to provide acute, primary, and chronic or episodic care.
* Board Certification preferred in pediatrics or family medicine.
* Clean criminal background check.
* Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
* Complete medical screening, mostly for children 13-17, within 48 hours of entrance to residential facility
* Refer children as needed to specialist or hospital ER
* Screen for TB and other contagious disease
* Recommend appropriate isolation as needed to protect health of child and others
* Screen for pregnancy
* Oversee or administer vaccinations
* Order X-Ray for additional screening and review for possible outside referral
* Provide prescriptions for youth as needed
* Coordinate with Pharmacist
* Coordinate with mental health providers and case managers
* Maintain documentation in child s file and on a database according to policies and procedures
Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions
* Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.