This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
CHSi is looking for dedicated Medical Doctors to provide onsite healthcare for multiple shifts, as well as clinical oversight to Mid-Level Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals in concert with the Site Lead and Site Director. The incumbent provides medical screening and assistance to children aged 13-17 who live in a temporary shelter for children. CHSi is proud to offer this work in support of an important government contract, offering full-time schedules at this site for a period of approximately 90 days. Multiple positions are needed to fill a variety of shifts, so if you would like to partner with us on this important work, please submit your interest! This position reports to the CHSi Chief Medical Officer, with daily job duties coordinated with Site Leadership.
* Availability: Full-time and Part-Time shifts available (morning, afternoon, and on-call).
* Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy.
* Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)approved residency in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, or pediatrics.
* Fully unencumbered and unrestricted State license to practice medicine within the United States.
* Active DEA registration and unrestricted ability to prescribe medications to patients.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Proven ability to provide acute, primary, and chronic or episodic care.
* Excellent overall communication skills.
* Experience in pediatrics or adolescent medicine.
* Clear criminal background check.
* Clear Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
* Board Certification in Occupational Health, Emergency Medicine, or Family Medicine preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides guidance and in-service trainings to clinical services personnel to ensure quality control and professionalism in all aspects of primary care medicine.
* Makes recommendations concerning clinical services personnel support requirements, capabilities, limitations, and various aspects of program support.
* Monitors and supervises the mid-level and professional nursing staff. May assist with scheduling, covering for vacations and illness of medical doctor/NP/PA, and communicates same to Site Leadership.
* Provides direct patient care as needed to youths upon referral from nursing and mid-level staff: includes evaluation, general examination, treatment, disposition, and mass-screening events.
* Examines patients and determines appropriate diagnostic studies including x-ray examinations and clinical laboratory tests; provides diagnosis and best practice medical care on the basis of medical history, physical examinations, and diagnostic tests.
* Collaborates with Site Leadership on performance management of onsite medical staff.
* Shares information and facilitates development of communication systems for staff, medical doctors, and administration.
* Pursues professional development activities and continuing education to ensure up to date knowledge with present practices and trends in health care.
* Interacts with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards, regulations, and overall mission of the Shelter.
* Collaborates with Site Leadership to resolve quality issues and contributes to effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues or problems, examining solutions & options, recommending and implementing action plans and courses of action.
* Assists in formulation, documenting and maintaining medical service policies and procedures.
* Plans and administers medical service programs, assuring conformance of medical operations to maintain standards.
* Interprets test results, evaluates examination findings, formulates patient management plans, and communicates such to the patient.
* Determines the need for and assists in specialized medical care and treatment.
* Maintains familiarity with all emergency procedures and applicable medical operating instructions, policies and instructions. Maintains a full working knowledge of applicable medical standards.
* Provides accurate and timely responses to inquiries from Site Leadership.
* Serves as interface with local private physicians for referral of patients and interchange of information important to patient health and safety.
* Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with mandated regulatory or conformance regulations/standards.
* Performs other assigned departmental operations to maintain workflow.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER DUTIES:
* Work involves prolonged periods of sitting, computer operation, good eye/hand coordination and lifting up to 40 lbs.
* Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
* May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.