Oncology Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for ONCOLOGY REGISTERED NURSE for our client in WATERTOWN, NY
JOB TITLE: ONCOLOGY REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: WATERTOWN, NY
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Oncology Registered Nurse
* RN Clinic - Hematology/Oncology Two years specialized nursing preferred.
* Hematology, Oncology/chemotherapy experience required.
* Possesses a thorough knowledge of nursing principles, ability to provide quality patient care, and ability to assess patient's needs, e.g. clinical, teaching, mental and spiritual.
* Must recognize safety issues to self and others and be able to assess and implement use of lifts to move patients in a safe manner.
* Current NYS RN license.
* BLS required.
* ACLS preferred.
* IV and chemotherapy infusion certification preferred These positions may provide patient triage and education to patients regarding medication and treatment instructions.
* These positions will perform intravenous therapy to patients, which may include biotherapeutic and chemotherapeutic agents.
* Intravenous therapy will include the preparation of agents under accepted safety equipment standards and administration of chemotherapy via peripheral sites and central venous catheters.
* Monday through Thursday, 8a-4:30 pm and Friday 8a until 12 noon.
* IV Therapy RN
* Oncology Nurse
* Chemo Drip