Online Buyer 9/10/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionSUMMARY:
This position is with a digital start-up business in a division of a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the passionate risk taker who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to help take a business plan and bring an e-commerce business to life! This initiative blends the best of lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The Online Buyer will work closely with the Head of Merchandising to help to source local products across the south and grow the retail aspect of our new site. The ideal person for this role will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace and relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.
JOB DUTIES & TASKS:
The Online Buyer will assist in product selection, buying, merchandising and vendor relationships for our new project. Responsibilities include:
* Assist in the evaluation of potential new products including travel to vendors across Georgia, Texas and the South.
* Love and passion for in-home cooking and southern food is a must!
* Your taste and knowledge of Southern Food should help drive the product strategy and selected suppliers.
* Help set up digital content standards (e.g. product hierarchy, taxonomy, digital content requests, supplier contract process, etc.)
* Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers and vendors; recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery.
* Maintain and develop positive relations with suppliers including management of supply logistics, 3PL, and outsourced warehousing and oversee inbound and outbound shipping coordination with vendors and warehouse facilities.
* Contact suppliers regarding material problems and support resolution
* Generate and place orders, taking maximum advantage of combining orders, free freight, etc.
* Track the status of all orders
* Assist with SKU building on ecommerce platform as needed and advising on marketing, merchandising, copy and product photography strategy to maximize product sales.
* Assist with the generation of product inclusion / exclusion lists for Marketing promotions, plus everyday pricing strategy
* Travel as needed to vendor partners.
* Assist with various special projects.
* Minimum four year bachelor s degree.
* Minimum at least 2-4 years' experience in merchandising, buying or planning within design or related industry
* Computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Web skills, experience with third party shopping platforms such as Shopify, Bigcommerce or Netsuite is a plus.
* Demonstrated strong project management skills.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to work on an extremely small team in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to manage in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Excitement at the idea of taking full responsibility for an idea and project and seeing it through to execution and completion.
* A passion for design and product
* Ability to use independent judgment
* Detail orientation
* Reliable, punctual attendance is required
* Work with merchandising and content teams.
* Work with external vendors and providers to build and maintain relationships.
* Occasionally deal with customer feedback to help improve product selection and experience.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time