Online Communications Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Online Communications Supervisor manages the development and execution of communication campaigns and content across multiple channels, specifically demonstrating solid knowledge, experience, and best practices for digital content marketing and paid media (advertising, digital, social, search engine marketing [SEM], etc.), owned media (landing pages, mobile, email, etc.) that support UPS advertising plan objectives (Example: He/She exhibits the understanding of SEM to provide insights into target audience behavior and the implications as impacts to communications plans development). This position understands the concept of data driven decision making and is experienced in measuring the effectiveness of digital campaigns. The Online Communications Supervisor demonstrates best practices and helps direct and project manage customer-facing creative assets, digital production and content led strategies and programs - working with agency partners and suppliers to oversee the development of content and creative assets. He/She project manages program timelines to the effective delivery of these materials to support brand compliance, accuracy, and on time and within budget legal approval at the direction of the Manager.
The Online Communications Supervisor works and manages the development of content with UPS s internal communications teams and agency vendors. He/She works to support the strategy set by the Online Communications Manager on content and creative assets such as landing pages, online advertising, email, creative copy, artwork, format, and other program components. This position helps provide best practices and guidance regarding digital concepts and content development to ensure cost, brand alignment, channel integration, and other criteria. The Online Communications Supervisor obtains final content approval from stakeholders and other groups. He/She communicates objectives and digital strategies, developing timelines and a project management plan with milestones, gaining plan support and approval. This position collaborates with others to ensure consistency of messages, works to establish clarity and communication processes, prepares budget oversight and invoice reconciliation for paid media, and reports on the program or campaign s progress results and success metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Maintains relationships with stakeholders and identifies their needs to gain consensus and ensure goals and objectives are met. * Demonstrates an understanding of analytics including Return on Investment (ROI)/ Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) calculations, assumptions, and levers to measure performance. * Communicates the customers perspective to stakeholders to ensure goals and objectives are met. * Manages vendor performance and resolves issues to mitigate project risks. * Identifies digital campaign management processes (and technology) across digital display/video, searched, and owned channels. * Obtains estimates and determines scope of work to generate work orders and purchase orders for plan approval. * Interprets digital test outcomes/results to recommend creative and media optimizations. * Reviews, monitors, and manages plan budgets and financial reports to ensure actual spend is within plan. * Uses web analytics to identify customer insights. * Designs and runs split A/B tests to improve campaign performances. * Translates audience data/insights into digital communications content for implementation in multiple channels (owned and paid). * Creates multi-channel campaigns to engage an audience across paid, owned, and earned digital assets.
* Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area s budget on organizational financial plan.
* Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs.
* Develops and Manages Marketing Research: Familiar with common marketing research methods; develops sample lists for research projects, incorporating all defined research criteria; helps guide sample plan development based on knowledge of data available and/or restrictions; manages sample lists across projects to avoid respondent fatigue or annoyance; assists with analysis of results.
* Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
* Vendor/Supplier Management: Demonstrates a broad understanding of UPS and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements; communicates expectations to vendors.
* Bachelor s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Communications, Marketing, Journalism - Preferred
* Master s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity