Online Community Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WNET’s Interactive Engagement Group (IEG) is hiring an Online Community Associate to help expand the reach of local WNET productions as well as our station sites, THIRTEEN, WLIW21 and NJTV. WNET local productions include NYC-ARTS, Treasures of New York, MetroFocus and NJ Today and more.
This is an exciting opportunity to help the leading PBS station in the best city in the world carve out a voice on numerous emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things New York City (and New Jersey) as well as the arts, and a keen understanding of social media and community management. Specific responsibilities include:
• Post content on a daily basis to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube and Snapchat, with an eye for maximum sharing and conversation
• Develop relationships on social platforms with bloggers, reporters and influencers
• Manage customer communication on social platforms, filtering questions and concerns to various departments
• Assist in tracking our success within social media and meeting goals set by department heads
• Occasionally participate on production shoots and events providing on-the-ground coverage for social media
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Marketing or Communications or related fields and a minimum of 1 year of experience at a media, non-profit or community organization successfully using social media to drive business goals. In addition, qualified candidates will have the following technical skills:
• Knowledge of pros and cons of using various evolving platforms to track social media reach: (e.g. Simply Measured, Bit.ly, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Klout)
• Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• WordPress, Google Analytics and Photoshop are a plus
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and editorial judgment, the ability to craft short, compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audiences, strong time management and organizational skills.
Benefits for this position include health, medical, dental, vision, PTO, and tuition reimbursement. Our offices are located at World Wide Plaza in the Theater District, with dozens of restaurants in the immediate area.
The Interactive Engagement Group (IEG) at WNET is a team of over 25 content producers, social media managers, designers, and developers who provide ongoing Web and mobile app development for WNET’s station sites, local productions, PBS national programs, and external clients. We make our online content interactive, fast, and available 24/7/365, and enjoy surmounting difficult technical challenges to increase user engagement with compelling content.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.