Onsite Graphic Designer (3434) 9/15/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Onsite Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer is responsible for preparing all forms of visual communication for a wide range of projects supporting corporate events, marketing, and client related initiatives with print, web, and digital media.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Essential Job Functions)
* Translate ideas into aesthetic and effective designs using page layout, photo editing, and illustration software.
* Produce design concepts for a variety of visual products including brochures, signage, PowerPoint briefings, logos, infographics, tradeshow displays, and other print and website related products that improve tactical and organizational communication.
* Help maintain corporate websites with content updates of text and graphics.
* Produce and mount signage for corporate and client events.
* Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping keen attention to detail.
* Obtain competitive bids for production by outside vendors, prepare purchase order requests, and submit invoices to accounting.
* Inform the Manager, Digital and Creative Services, of the status of major projects, overall workload, and workflow.
* Maintain proficiency with current hardware and software packages and industry-related emerging technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor s degree.
* 3+ years of experience in related work.
* Ability to create original, visually engaging print and web designs.
* Ability to translate client goals, ideas, and feedback into cohesive brands and designs.
* Solid experience with Adobe Creative Suite software with strengths in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and a proficiency in Dreamweaver.
* Understanding of HTML and CSS as it applies to webpage design and formatting.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in PowerPoint and presentation design.
* Excellent design and typography skills.
* Proficient with Macintosh and PC systems. Working knowledge of compatibility issues and able to work cross-platform.
* Self-starter with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments and manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
* Highly motivated, and able to work well alone and as part of a team.
* Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into clear visual solutions. Strong creative problem-solving capabilities.
* Able to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication.
* Able to obtain security clearance, if required.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.