Onsite Services Technician (OUTLOOK Model)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
The Northern California and Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is currently seeking an Onsite Services Technician (OUTLOOK Model) to join our operations team.
The OUTLOOK Site Technician will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Sutter Hospital ABSMC OUTLOOK Service Model (in Oakland, CA) to include packaged gas and other product deliveries, supply chain management programs, establishing safe handling practices, efficient order processing and invoicing, initiating & executing cost reduction programs, reporting, and day-to-day customer interface at the Sutter Hospital ABSMC site(s).
The Site Technician will be the first line Airgas representative with the customer for all packaged gases, welding hardgoods and safety supplies related issues. This opening will be for a dedicated technician located at the customer's site for 8 hrs per day.
The following list describes some of the duties that may be included in the Sutter Hospital ABSMC OUTLOOK Service Model.
OUTLOOK Site Technician Responsibilities
* Order products and related supplies & services from Airgas and other vendors
* Streamline and manage ordering process
* Streamline and manage error resolution process
* Prepare single monthly invoice for a location
* Provide internal cost allocation reports
* Manage E-Commerce and EDI/EFT implementation
* Provide reports for regulatory agencies
* Interface with Customer Service and inform them of changes, additions or deletions to delivery points or orders.
* Provide reports for accounting/auditing
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Forecast Requirements
* Determine Min/Max levels
* Monitor gas inventory
* Maintain product inventory
* Assure flawless execution of the logistics systems
* Approve new delivery points for accessibility and safety.
* Monitor product consumption
* Deliver gas cylinders to point of use
* Conduct physical inventory
* Manage product list
* Receive incoming deliveries
* Physically place cylinders into inventory
* Perform incoming visual inspection on all cylinders
* Confirm CofA, CofC, etc. is in compliance with specifications
Gas System Operations
* Verify and maintain operational status of delivery systems
* Inspect gas delivery system on periodic basis
* Schedule and perform cylinder changes
* Generate reports on usage by gas and by use point
* On-site dewar filling
* Monitor gas systems for failures and problems up to point-of-use
* Evaluate mode of supply site-wide
* Evaluate and implement usage reduction opportunities and programs
Equipment Installation and Start-up
* Function as prime contractor for gas system projects
* Support gas system equipment projects
* Function as on-site installation coordinator of gas application equipment
Operating and Support Services
* Attend periodic site operations and safety meetings
* Support major maintenance projects, new construction and turnarounds
* Develop and maintain site specific operating procedures
* Control management of change protocol for gas systems
* Evaluation of gas related process problems
* Ongoing continuous improvement activities
* Participate in gas system expansions and installations
* Support incoming material Quality Assurance
* Perform Safety Audits
* Single-point-of-contact for cylinder gas issues
* Emergency response support
OUTL OOK Site Technician Requirements
* Commitment to Safety
* Cylinder handling experience
* Knowledge of the traditional Airgas service package
* Well versed in all safety aspects of the use and storage of cylinder gases
* Thorough understanding of vehicular maintenance requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills to be seamlessly accepted into the customers culture
* Ability to learn new things
* Willingness to assume responsibility
* Ability to prioritize workload
* Ability to be self-managed
* Basic computer skills, to include MS outlook email, Word and Excel, with ability to learn site specific computer applications such as cylinder tracking programs.
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* High school diploma, or equivalent.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Some experience in handling compressed gases.
* Some basic knowledge or experience in welding.
* Customer service or sales experience
* Ability to analyze data
* Ability to write reports and correspondence
* Ability to conduct presentations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
* Ability to move large gas cylinders with the use of a hand cart.
* Able to use hands and/or tools to hook up and disconnect cylinders.
* Must be able to drive hazardous cargo and operate a standard delivery vehicle for up to 8 hours. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, or crouch. Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing and pulling.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability