This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
An Operating Engineer will be responsible to assist in the hands on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. Engineer will perform minor repairs and helps in the operation, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on the building systems as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Performing the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical, electrical, and power generation equipment and systems to support the critical environment.
* Operates systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with government regulatory compliance and standard operating procedures.
* Performs predictive, planned, preventative and routine maintenance as well as equipment rounds and service requests as directed.
* Performs maintenance in accordance with the JLL Preventative Maintenance Program.
* Assist with the development and improvement of preventative maintenance programs, schedules, work instructions, SOP s and operational procedures.
* Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors ensuring proper operation of the client equipment and systems.
* Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices.
* Performs visual and operational inspection of associated equipment and interprets specifications, blueprints and job standards to perform assigned duties.
* Establishes work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product, suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, shop, or work crew.
* Determines and/or assists with analyzing and resolving work problems and achieving work goals
* Maintains time and production records and customer service requests. .
* Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
* Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
* Monitor Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
* Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
* Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
* Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
* Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building, including safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials while maintaining a clean and safe workplace
* Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings.
* Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
* Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A high school diploma or GED is required.
* A minimum four (4) years experience in the building maintenance industry and accredited trade school degree in HVAC, electronic, or other industry related trade. Union training and certification is also acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to quickly learn building control, electrical and UPS systems, utilizing on the job training, operations manuals and documentation.
* Should be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, plumbers helper, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
* Must be comfortable and flexible enough to work with a wide-ranging and changing scope of responsibilities while adhering to the constraints of procedures put in place to minimize the risk for human error.
* Team player with the desire to foster teamwork to help create a positive working environment.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as load balancing, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
* Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts and heights up to 30.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as very cold and uncomfortable heat while inside and out of the facility.
* The noise level in the work environment is at times moderately loud.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in