This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
Kansas City, MO
Full Time 60-80
The Operating Engineer is responsible for carrying out the direction of the department director to provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all patients, parents, visitors, and employees of the hospital.
The Operator is responsible for the operation, inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair of all fixed and non-fixed non- patient equipment, medical gas systems, and HVAC systems in the hospital.
The Operator is responsible for carrying out continuous quality improvement efforts.
The Operator assists in developing new procedures, work practices, and data collection, to comply with all City, State, Federal, OSHA, NFPA, and JCAHO codes/requirements.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3-4 years experience (preferably in hospital environment)
* PC skills and experience with computerized maintenance management, computerized fire control, and computerized energy management preferred. Should be familiar with the operation of Microsoft Windows
* Class 'A' operating engineers license required (City of Kansas City, Missouri)
o To be obtained within one year of hire. This requirement may be altered at the discretion of the Director of Engineering
* EPA Refrigerant License required
o To be obtained within 90 days of hire. This requirement may be altered at the discretion of the Director of Engineering
* A complete and thorough understanding of the Operating Engineering field as well as all hospital regulating agencies requirements is desirable in this position. The Operator must be able to demonstrate a strong mechanical ability
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online
INTERNAL APPLICATION CONFIRM
Are you sure you want to continue as an INTERNAL applicant* Yes
back to top